Ch: 10 Empty Stands

Fifteen minutes and my best friend can't seem to swallow the fact that I humiliated the guy he used to be in a relationship with. It's not that hard, is it?

"That was awesome." He was still mumbling like a four-year-old child. I rolled my eyes for the fifteenth time and said, "I know. Please shut the fuck up, now."

"Wow, rude. As for your humble request for me to shut up, I can't." He grinned, his green eyes flashing in the evening sunlight. I snickered and he flipped me off.

"I am serious." He said, pouting very slightly.

I smirked at him, "Well really? I thought you were James. Anyway, hello Sirius, I am Nora."

He stared at me blankly for a whole minute before bursting into hysterical chuckles, "Don't ever do that again. You are corny and lame. That was such a dad Joke."

I rested my hand on my chest, directly over where my heart was, "That hurt my feelings, bitch."

"Good, that was my intention, bitch." He grinned.

"What did you say, bitch?" I raised my eyebrows.

He mimicked me, flipping his imaginary long hair back, he said, "What you heard, bitch."

I couldn't hold it any longer, I burst into laughter and he soon followed me over the edge. "I am so fucking gay."

I nodded solemnly, "I know, right? We are half crazy."

"And lame." He added, before exhaling and leaning back on his seat. "You know before you came in like a hurricane in, my life was a mess in the girl's department. Forty-five percent of them wanted to make out with me, fifty percent wanted me as their gay best friend, and the rest were terrified of me or were too religious to talk to me."

"Gay best friend? Really? But why did you agreed to become my best friend? I mean it must have sounded like some shit when I asked you to be my best friend." I raised my eyebrows.

"It did. I wish I could have recorded you, you sounded so awkward. That was just golden." He flicked me on the forehead and chuckled, "But you were the first girl who just wanted to be my best friend, and doesn't want me as her gay best friend. Those people make such a big deal about my sexuality and you didn't care. I cherish that."

I shook my head, bashfully avoiding the additional comment, "I guess we abused the word 'gay' and 'best friend' enough. But what do you think, does your sexuality is a big deal?"

"To me, yes, it's a somewhat big deal. To others? Why the fuck should they bother themselves with whom I have sex with? I am not them, why should they pass judgement on whom I like?" He said, rubbing his palms together for heat.

"I get it." I leaned on his shoulder.

"I sometimes forget that you are new. It feels like forever." He pushed my head off his shoulders. I gave him the stink eye before ruffling his hair.

"Time slows down when you have a psycho by your side," I said.

"True that, goof." He smiled faintly, his eyes dancing in the dim light.

"So, other than Mr.Asshole, do you have a crush on someone, Mr.Badboy?" I asked, observing the sudden faraway look in his eyes.

"It's a secret." He winked at me, but the playfulness in his tone gone.

"Don't best friends share everything?" I asked, interested.

"No, I am pretty sure that's not the case. Everyone has their own deepest secrets and I respect yours, so do the same." He said, even though the tone was serious, his eyes keep drifting off and he was suddenly paying a lot more attention to the empty field.

"It's someone I know personally, isn't it? Who is he? Who is this Romeo, living in the bloody chambers of your heart?"

He avoided my gaze, chuckling lowly, "I will tell you someday, not now. Even I can't possess the information right now. It's unrequited anyway, the guy I like has a girlfriend and have a crush on another girl."

"Some player, huh. A girlfriend and a crush on another girl. How do you know that it's unrequited? Have you asked him or told him?" I asked. I was curious about this mystery boy.

"Nora, I am not stupid." He rolled his eyes.

I snickered, "Yeah, your taste of boys explain that. First Mr.Asshole and now Mr.Straight, just when are you gonna stop?"

He furrowed his eyebrows, "Man, I got no response to that."

I sighed, "Just don't get hurt, buddy."

He grimaced, "I will try not to." I smiled, messing with his hair.

"Because if you do, there is going to be a fucking hurricane on loose to tear those people apart."

A/N: Sorry for the unedited version earlier. Dedicated to @Buddysb24 for supporting my character even when I give up on them.

Thank you for reading, if you like you can vote or comment. If you didn't, tell me so that I can improve.

Peace.