Chapter 4

The sounds of waves crashing and birds tweeting woke me. That and the hundred degree sun beaming down on me, causing me to sweat, and feel hot.

        I lift my head and look around. There is sand, and further ahead are palm trees and a jungle. Everything is green, blue, and bright.

        I sit up on my knees and lick my dry lips, getting sand in my mouth. I spit the sand out and notice the dryness of my throat. Shakely I stand to my feet, stumbling a little, and turn to the sea. The first thing I notice is I see nothing but ocean in the distance. The second thing I notice is the suitcases floating in the water. I make my way to them and haul them out of the water. I get the third and last one I see out and haul it up to the other three on the sand.

        Once I gathered them saftley away from the water, I decide to look for water, not being able to ignore the burn in my throat. Remembering all those survivor shows I wathced, water is the most imortant thing to have.

        Making my way towards the jungle, I look down at myself. My jeans are ripped and my shirt has been ripped  off from the bottom, now it looks like I have some weird sports bra on. Everything is wet too, making my sneakers squish with every step, making my feet feel weird.

        When I step through the trees I look for any sign of water. When finding nothing I walk deeper into the woods. While walking I make sure to keep straight so I don't end up lost, and I take in the scenery. There were birds flying from branch to branch, ranging from all kinds of colors, blue, purple, red, and so on. I have never seen these kind of birds before. There were thick, tall trees with moss covering them, and some with vines hanging off them. Tall leafy plants, which coverd the jungle floor. Beautiful flowers,ones I haven't seen before either, with colors mixing in with colors, some were huge too! Like car huge! Is that even normal? I didn't look deeper into it, since I have bigger problems to deal with, I kept walking. I don't know how long I was walking until I heard the beautiful sound of rushing water. Taking off into a sprint following the sound and my burning throat.

        When the sound got louder, I break through the plants and stare in complete awe. There was about a 30 ft waterfall with the uniqe flowers and vines decorating beside it. Rocks surrounded the bottom and one large rock was stuck in the middle of the pond shaped pool. It was something like a mermaids paradice.

        Jumping with joy I take off my sneakers and jump in. Not bothering to take my clothes off. Not caring if there were snakes or god knows what else in there. I just needed to cure my burning throat and sweat soaked body. Surfacing the water I smooth my hair back and smile.

        I cup water in my hands and gulp down  the water. Once my throat is satisfyed I swim towards the waterfall. When I was close enough, I pulled myself up one of the surrounding rocks. Standing I started hoping rock from rock, silently prying I wouldn't fall and break my neck. Once I was on a semi flat rock, behind the fall, I stepped into the falling water.

        Sighing,I closed my eyes and let the water beat on my sore back. I tilted my head up and threw my arms up smiling like a fool at the refreshing feeling. Thats when I felt like I was being watched. I put my head and arms down, and opened my eyes searching the area. When I see nothing but trees, flowers, and plants, I shake it off and lable it as me being paranoid.

        I step out from under the fall and hop scotch the rocks again, getting out of the rock area to dive into the water. When clear of rocks I jump back into the water knowing I needed to get back to see what was in those suitcases. As soon as I got back to my sneakers I heard a twig snap. I jerk my head to the direction the sound came from, and see two yellow eyes staring back at me. I freeze in terror at the lepard.