Chapter 1

"I'm going to miss you honey" my mom said while smothering me in kisses.

"I know, I'll miss you too mom" I reply.

"Make sure you call me when you land" she says holding my face in her hands.

"I will"

"You better" she says with a serious expression and staring me down with her crystal blues eyes that reflect my own.

I roll my eyes at her and she smacks me in the back of my head. She hates when I do that, I give her a sorry face, she caves. Her face turning into saddness.

Right now I'm supposed to be boarding my plane to New York, I am visiting my dad for the summer.

Yep. My parents are divorsed. My mom caught my dad cheating on her with his "pretty" blonde secretary.

My mom flipped, she beat the crap out of the secretary. Threw my dad out in the street with his broken nosed mistress, and left him out there with nothing but his underwear on. Then she continued to throw all his clothes out the window.

I was on the roof watching it all. It hurt knowing that your father betrayed you and your mom. After the incident I started to disliking him.

Unfortuanly due to me being 15 at the time I was required to visit him every summer, since I didnt want to change schools I stay with my mom most of the time. Stupid court. I hate visiting him all he does is buy me expensive things I never use, and is never around when I am there. He thinks he can buy my love, just like his money bought the young blonde gold digging slut. Not that I care.

I am now 17, I will be turning 18 in a few weeks. Until then I have to go visit the slut and Henrey. I call him by his first name now much to his displeasure, I figured he lost the right of being called dad when he screwed his secretary.

Anyway back to the present.

I shoulder my carry on bag and grab my suitcase.

"I love you mom" I tell her, feeling tears well up, but refuse to let them fall. She pulls me into a hug, I drop my suitcase and quickly wrap my arms around her.

"I love you too Sky" she sniffles and lets me go,"you better go, you don't want to miss your flight."

"I acually do" I mumble picking up my suitcase again.

"It's only for the summer, you will be back before you know it" she says smiling gentley.

"Yeah, yeah" I say sighing, "bye mom"

"Bye sweetie"

I turn around and head towards the metal dectectors. After going through the security I head towards the boarding entrance, I hand the lady my ticket.

"Have a nice flight" she says way to brightly. I smile a little and just nod at her. Just before boarding I turn around and look at my mom one last time, commiting her features into my memorey.

Shoulder length brown hair, sparkling crystal blue eyes. Pettie figure, some wrinkles hinting around her age, and a smile with white teeth stained with coffee. A peach color blouse, jeans, and sneakers. She is smiling with tears rolling down her cheeks, and waving at me.

I wave back and mouth "I love you", she mouths it back. I turn around and finally walk up the ramp to my boarding my plane, and entering into a sucky summer.