Chapter 3

* Authors Note*

I know the chapters are short, I will work on that. Like I said Im new to the writing scene. I will try to make them longer. Thanks for reading if you are reading.

                                                      ************************************

        I am woken up by loud screaming and shaking. I look around, wide awake, and see eveyone with a fear stricken face and those yellow oxygen mask hanging. I look at Earl and see him putting the mask on and looking just as scared as everyone else. Confused and panicked I look out the window and see rain and lighting.

Oh no. We must be in the storm.

"Whats happening?" I yell at Earl.

        He takes his mask off and screams back "the plane is falling!" his face is one of pure terror and is paler than a ghost.

        I could feel the blood drain from my face and fear and panick sink in deeper. I distentley hear Earl telling me to put my mak on. Is this how I'm going to die? On an airplane? What would my mom do? I'm the oly thing she has left. I feel tears come to my eyes and I slip the mask on, breathing deep. I turn and look through the window again, and see that we are in fact falling. I hear suitcases and bags falling from the storage shelf, and see people dodging the bags. Then there is a loud alarming sounds and beeps inside the plane.

My breathing picks up and then the Captin comes on over the intercome.

"EVERYONE BRACE FOR IMPACT" he shouts.

        Next thing I know I'm jerked forwards, and I hear the sound of metal bending and breaking. The screaming gets louder and this time I'm screaming with them.

        Everything else happens in a blur, I don't even remember when my mask came off. Then another impact makes me hit my head on the window. My vision becomes blurry and I reach for my head and notice blood. I shake my head,groaning in pain, trying to clear my vision.Thats when I relized the plane had holes and was splitting, water flowing in. Shaking my head again I notice the water was getting higher to the back and the pressure was getting worse. Looking at the people I see some are knocked out by the impact and some struggling to get out. I look next to me and see Earl not moving slumped over. I hear a scream and watch a man fall from behind me hitting seats and hit his head really hard on one seat. His head twists in an unnatural way and watch him with his dead eyes sink into the raising water.

        Terrified and panicked I snap out of my trance and franticly try and take off my seatbelt. Its not coming off! I pull and tug the belt, hitting the button. I feel the water reach my knees, and before I could take it off the water is over my head. I blink a couple times, my eyes burning because of the salt water. I try again with the belt and finally get it off. I swim to the top of the water line and gasp for breath. I duck back down when I relize no one else was up here. I blink and see whats left of everyone not moving and their arms floating above them. Earl is in the same condition. Feeling pain from his death and the others I swim to the top of the rising water line.

        Breaking though to the surface I choke on a sob, and see there isn't much air room left. Knowing I needed to get off the plane, I take a deep breath and go under again. I swim to the closest hole I could fit through. When there I see a little air pocket, going towards it, I put my lips in it and breath getting more air. Pulling myself out of the hole I kick away from the plane and swim higher to the top of the water. In my peripheral vision I see the plane sinking deeper into the ocean. I swim as fast as I can to the top, feeling my lungs start to burn badly and my vision falter.

        Oh god! I'm going to drown! I pump myarms and legs faster and finally break free to the surface. Coughing, and gasping for breath, running on adrenaline I keep my self above the water. There is louder thunder and lighting filling the sky. Rain and fire debrie is falling from the sky. The waves keep slaming into my forcing my head under water. I come up again and see a suitcase next to me. I quickly reach for it and pull my upper body on it,and kick my feet getting away from the crash area.

        I squint and search through the pouring rain looking for any kind of land. Seeing nothing I start to feel helpless. Tears start falling and I do nothing to stop them. I'm never going to find land in the middle of the ocean! I'm going to die on this suitcase unless something comes along and eats me. I stop kicking and freeze.

        Oh dear god.......sharks! Why the fudge would I think about that! I don't want to be eaten! The tears come harder now and I start to breath heavier. Im hypervenilating! Calm down, I have to calm down, breath. I stop breathing heavy and try to calm my racing heart. Searching through the rain and dark, I look for anything. The it was like god finally took mercy on me,because to my left in the distance I see an outline of a mountain. An island! With new motivation and determination, I kick my feet and towards the shape, while praying I don't encounter any sharks. The waves and rain kept beating down on me, but I kept kicking, getting closer and closer to the isladd, till I relized my feet was scrapping against the bottom. I kicked a little more futher then slid off the suitcase. I grabed it and hauled it with me to the beach.

        When I finally reached the sand I dopped the suitcase, fell to my knees and colapsed on my stomache. I could tell the adrenaline rush I had was coming to and end, I could feel the after effects. I couldn't move even if I wanted to I was that exaughsted. My eyes started feeling heavier and heavier, until they closed. With the rain pouring,the thunder rumbling, and the lighting flashing across the sky,I welcomed the darkness with open arms as it carried me away.