When We Were Thirteen

Chapter 2- When We Were Thirteen

(Author's Note:
Sorry for the AN, I hate them too, but I just wanted to say that I'm going to write a chapter for each year of their age until Annabeth is 16 and Percy is 17. That's the main age I wanted to write with, but I wanted to write how they met as well. Thank you for reading! :3)

Percy's POV

"Mom, can Annabeth come over for a sleepover? I really want you to meet her, like have a conversation with her. I also want to see if she's any good at swimming." I asked my mom for the tenth time today. She looked at me skeptically, as if suspecting Annabeth wouldn't really come over, just Grover or someone and we'd play video games. I looked up at her with my cutest face. She laughed.
"That might have worked when you were little Percy, but not anymore." my mom said. She sighed, and I instantly realized that she's starting to give in. "If it's okay with her mother. I would like to call her to know when to send the driver to pick her up. Do you have her home phone number?" my mom asked. I grinned goofily and nodded.
"It's (718) 555-4798. Thank you mommy!" I said filled with joy. I hugged my mom tightly and she laughed. She picked up her cellphone and I saw her leave the room. I heard her talking. I was sitting on the couch, barely able to contain my excitement. I would finally be able to have Annabeth over for a sleepover. She's one of my best friends. When my mom walked in, I jumped in front of her.
"Her mother agreed. Tomorrow you're going to have the sleepover. She'll come at around 5." My mother said, but by then I was jumping up and down and hugging my mother. She smiled and hugged me back. Just then, the door opened and I saw my dad coming inside after a long day of work. I ran up to him and started telling him everything.

~The Next Day~
"Mom, when is Annabeth coming?" I asked again and again. My mother looked at me and shrugged. Before I could ask again, she rushed out of the room. I was waiting on the couch, watching an old episode of Futurama. Suddenly the door opened, and Annabeth was standing there. We hugged and I took her bag and left it in my room.
"Annabeth, I want to show you the pool! You have your bathing suit, right?" I asked while dragging her to the indoor pool. She nodded. When we got there, she took off her shirt and skirt, revealing her green and blue bikini. I smiled at her and she returned the smile. Before she understood what happened, I pushed her into the water. I laughed like a mad scientist. After about 45 seconds of her underwater, I got nervous and jumped in after her. When I saw her lying on the bottom of the pool, I grabbed her and brought her to the tables and chairs. I tried to perform CPR, but failed. I put my favorite fuzzy blanket on top of her to keep her warm, and before I knew it, she was coughing and taking big breaths. Relief washed over me as she awoke. If she had died because of the water, I would never have forgiven himself and would even destroy my father's company, since it helped with water. I hugged her tightly, feeling that if I let her go, I would lose her forever.