Memories

The next day during the evening, the Golden trio, Sirius, Remus, Lily, and James sat around a couch in the Room of Requirement.

"I can't believe we didn't find this room in our Hogwarts years!" James exclaimed, looking around the room amazed.

"Right! It's amazing!" came Sirius' answer

"How about you guys talk about yourselves." Lily said, referring to Ron and Hermione.

"There's not much to say, really." answered Hermione, Ron nodding his head as he agreed with her.

"Sure there is, like when's your birthday? Just stuff like that." James said before Lily could speak up.

"Mm. . . Well, I'm a muggleborn. Both my parents are dentist, I'm an only child and my birthday is September 19."

"I have six siblings, I'm the second youngest, I'm afraid of spiders, and my birthday is in March 1st."

Lily and James nodded

"I got a bit excited when you said March, thought we were going to be birthday twinsies." James pouted

"Prongs, you said the same with me" Remus said

"I just want a birthday twin. . . "

Harry laughed at his father, and turned to his mum.

"Is he always like this?"

"Always"

"Harry, tell us about some of your memories." James said

"That sounds great!" Both Lily and Sirius exclaimed.

"There's not much to say. . . "

"Oh, I bet there is." Remus said

As if he knew what they were up to, Dumbledore walked into the room that was identical to the Gryffindor common room.

"I'd be pleased to lend you my pensive. However, you have time for a couple of memories only. The last task begins soon."

James was the first to speak
"That'll be great! Thanks, Professor!"

Now, the group were around the pensive, staring at Harry.

"You know how to do this?" Lily asked Harry

Harry nodded.

Harry took his wand out of his pocket, and pressed it on his forehead, a glowing blue something was at the tip of the wand and was placed in the pensive.

"I'll go in first" Harry dipped his head in the pensive and was standing in a elegant living room, full of picture frames with a blonde chubby boy who looked about five years old.

The rest of the group landed besides or behind Harry.

"Where are we?" asked Sirius

"The Dursleys" answered Lily, not taking her eyes off of a picture with a heavy man, a women with a long neck, and the chubby boy.

"How old were you in this memory, pup?" Remus asked Harry

"Four"

The long neck women, most known as Petunia Dursley walked down the stairs with heavy footsteps.
At the bottom, she turned and banged on a tiny door that was under the stairs. A cupboard.

"Wake up, freak!"

There was a soft bang that came from inside with a small whine.

Petunia unlocked the cupboards and turned with a screech coming from her shoes as she walked away.

Heavy footsteps were heard from upstairs. Down came a very fat kid. Way too big for his age.

"Po'er wake up! Wake up!" The fat boy, Dudley Dursley jumped on the stairs.

The cupboard door opened with a creak and a skinny-short, Harry Potter stepped out. He had long bangs covering his forehead and bruises all around his face. He was wearing nothing but a long sleeve shirt with football shorts that were too big for him. Even though the shorts covered most of his legs, scars and bruises were visible.

Lily and Hermione, who were already watching in horror, let out a small gasp as they saw the beaten 4-year old, Harry. The boys watched with angry expressions and clenched fists. Except for James and Sirius, who both have a hand holding Harry's shoulders.

The scrawny boy stood in the middle of the hall before Dudley came rushing and pushed Harry.
Harry not prepared for the impact, fell down, hitting his head hard on the pavement. He let out a small cry, before hearing heavier footsteps and getting up and running towards the kitchen as fast as he could.

Harry, who was now in the kitchen, was by the stove, cooking breakfast for the Dursleys.

Vernon, who is Petunia's husband, was watching Harry with a mad look.
Having clumsy little hands, Harry dropped an egg to the ground.

The memory slowly faded as a fuming Vernon made his way towards Harry. All that could be heard were painful cries and pleads coming from 4-year old Harry.

Back to the real world, everyone had tears coming out of their eyes.
Lily was full on crying, clutching to her son while Harry showed no emotion and hugged his mother back.
James had silent tears with an arm around Lily's torso and the other around Harry.
Sirius and Ron had angry expressions, fists clenched with tear stains.
Remus was staring at the wall, hands wrapped around a sobbing Hermione, blinking hard to stop his tears.

They were all slightly blaming themselves.
Every time at the end of the year, Harry would complain that he didn't want to go back to 4 Privet Drive. They regret not getting him out of there sooner.

After they all finally calmed down, Dumbledore slowly made his way in.

"I apologize for interrupting but the last task begins in an hour."