Lily & James Potter

James woke up with a big gasp, he was breathing heavily, trying to catch his breath. He let out a small groan, holding his head. He stood up quickly, but hit his head on something that felt like- well wood.

'What in the bloody world is going on?' James had thought.

Realization seemed to hit him.

He remembered Lily and telling her to run and hide with Harry.
He remembered the prophecy.
He remembered their time in Godric Hollows.
He remembered Voldemort in Godric Hollows.
He remembered being killed by Voldemort.
So if Voldemort casted the killing spell on him. . . How is he- well alive?
Surely, he's- James didn't know where he was.
He couldn't see a thing as he was surrounded by darkness, and he knew it was in a very small place.
He started to hyperventilate, quickly he tried pounding the top to be able to get out but all he got was dirt falling on his face.

'Dirt? Why was dirt- oh no! '

James was now pretty sure he actually died, and was buried 6 feet underground.

'But if I did die, and I am buried. . . How in the bloody hell am I alive?'

James was so lost, he literally forgot how to breathe, until he heard a faint 'Bombarda!'
James, quickly tried to search for his wand. He felt it stick out of his pockets. Pulling it out, he choked out, "Bombarda!"

The casket flew open and he let out another shaky breath with a sigh of relief.

"James." He heard a soft voice calling out for him.

It was- it was Lily. His Lily-Flower.

"Lily!" He exclaimed, jumping out of the big hole.

"James!"

There she was, standing in front of him as beautiful as always.

"James, what happened? Why were we buried?" asked Lily.

"Look at that." answered James, motioning behind Lily with his head.

They were both shocked to say the least.

————

In memory of

James Potter

Born 27 March 1960
Died 31 October 1981

Lily Potter

Born 30 January 1960
Died 31 October 1981

The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

————

"We- we actually died? We actually got killed by Voldemort?" said Lily, in a shocked tone.

"Looks like it." replied James.

"Then- how. . . ?"

"How are we alive?" finished James for Lily.
Lily nodded.

"No idea."

"Oh no, James! Harry! What happened to our baby! No-no-no. He can't be dead!" yelled Lily, panic written all over her face.

'How can I be so stupid?! How cam I forget about Harry?! My own son!'

"He-he can't be dead Lily-Flower. He's name would've been in our stone too." said James.

He didn't want to think that his son, his only child was dead. And he prayed to Merlin that he was right.

"We should go see Dumbledore, he'll probably know." Nodding her head, Lily followed closely behind James, before pulling him back.

"What's wrong, Lily?"

"I- I want to go to check the cottage first." she said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

There they were. . .standing in front of their home.

James and Lily had their mouths opened.
The house was torn apart.
Windows were broken, the glasses were all scattered in the floor.
It seemed as if the ceiling was about to collapse. Floor tiles were coming off, the floor kept making creaky noises.
Lily and James looked at each other before starting to go up the stairs.
The hall was destroyed, too. Picture frames on the ground and shattered. Tables broken. Then, there it was. Harry's nursery.
The cot was torn apart.
The wall's paint was coming off, the floor had tiles coming off, and the window was broken. The room looked horrible, along with the rest of the house.

Lily couldn't take it, she broke down.
James had silent hot tears falling down his face.
All they had in their mind was Harry.

Was he really alive?
And if he is. . . Where is he?

Lily and James had many questions, but James was too busy hugging Lily tightly and Lily was busy sobbing into her husband's arms.

"Lily? James?"

*****

Albus Dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwarts Wizardry & Witchcraft school was sitting behind his desk, thinking about the last 14 years.
There was a feeling inside of him that told him something was wrong.
He, however, didn't seem to know what.
The only thing he knew was that it had to do with the Prophecy.
Not wanting to be thinking about it to much, he got up from his seat and walked around his desk and grabbed his wand.
Stepping out of the headmasters office, he trolled down the halls of Hogwarts and out of the castle.

He was on his usual stroll in Godric Hollows. Ever since the Prophecy was made he couldn't seem to be able to be still. He was walking directly to the place that was once called home of the Potter's.
Walking very quietly inside of the Potter's old home, he couldn't bare but to hear sobs.
Picking up his pace, he walked up the stairs but stopped when he saw that at the end of the hall, a door was creaked open.
Beginning to walk again, he made it to the end of the hall, and peaked inside.
What he saw, shocked him.
There on the ground, sat none other than Lily and James Potter, huddle up together. A sobbing Lily with a very tearful James.

"Lily? James?"