Ch. 2

-Celia's POV-

I was never good at small talk so there was an awkward silence between us. Eventually we arrived at his house and as we walked in his mom spotted us.

"Hey honey. Who's this?"

"This is Cece. She's my partner for a project. We're going to be up in my room."

"Ok just let me know if you need anything." We started to walk up the stairs and I couldn't believe that I was actually in his house. He opened up his room door and I was surprised to see that it was pretty clean.

"You can, um, sit wherever you want to." He scratched the back of his neck. I always thought it was cute when he did that.

I decided to sit on the floor while he sat on his bed. We were just silently doing our work when he spoke up.

"You know if we are going to be partners for a quarter we should get to know each other." I knew almost everything about him but I didn't want to sound like a creepy stalker so I said sure.

"What do you want to know?"

"Well, what's you're favorite color?"

"It has to be periwinkle."

"That really specific." He said with a smirk.

"Hey I know what I like." I shrugged.

"Ask me another question." I said

"Okay, um.....can you speak another language?"

"Sí, yo hablo español.¿Y tú?"

"All I got from that was yes and something about Spanish so I'm guessing you speak it. I for one do not speak another language." We kept talking for hours and I felt less and less nervous. I checked my phone and saw that it was already 8 and I told my mom I would be back by 8:30.

I was about to say I was leaving but then remembered my car was still at school.

"Hey Matt, can you take me home, I told my mom I would be back soon."

"Yeah, sure and since we didn't get anything done today do you want to work again tomorrow?"

"Sure we can do it at my house." We started walking out the front door and into his car.

My house was only a 10 minute drive away. I walked into my house and climbed the stairs to my room.

I just kept replaying today's events in my head. I can't believe I actually talked to him without stuttering or sounding like an idiot.