Ch. 2: The Library

Beginne am Anfang

" Yes, sir! It just.."

"Stop moving", he cuts you off and frowns.

You stayed quiet until he got the eye lash out.

" Captain levi, can I ask you something?", you said

"What.. ", he replied as he flicked your loose eye lash into the trash can and brushed his hand against each other, as if he had just done some hard work.

" About this morning.. Why was I ..sleeping in your bed?", you ask as your gaze went from the floor up to him.

He looked at you with one raised eyebrow, " You tell me."

Your eyes widen a little, so he doesn't know either...you swallowed.

He frowns and run a hand through his short black hair, " I can tell you, you weren't sleeping there when I went to bed last night" he crossed his arms across his chest, " sleep walking must be one of your daily routine, be more aware of yourself" he said. " ...or you might be taken advantage of..." He thought to himself while clearing his throat.

You frowned and a corner on your mouth twitched , " I've long pass the sleep walking phase. So that is out of the question. I'm not a kid ..you know" you just imagined yourself about to choke him out of anger, but you know it's an instant fatality, if you even try to pick a fight with him.

" Oh.." he starts to say, as he swiftly unbutton the two buttons on the green cloak that he had put on you.

With both of his hands lightly caressed your upper arm as he took his cloak off your shoulder letting it fall freely onto your bed, "Are you trying to imply something..more."

In this undisturbed atmosphere,you began to hear the loud beating of your heart drumming in your ears.

The touch of his finger on your upper arms still lingers though they left.

His head leveled to yours for a moment staring at you with his grey eyes.

Suddenly frowning once again as if he thought of something unpleasant.

Quickly taking his cloak off your bed as he straighten himself up. " stop wasting time, sitting around. Get off your lazy ass and get to work after lunch" you hear the door close. He left.

Was it just you, were you imagining it...His eyes were serious, yet there was that hint of softness, that your eyes are drawn to, just like it did this morning.

Suddenly, the sound a bell came ringing down the hallway it's the signal for lunchtime.

You quickly change into your uniform,

".. I do space out a lot don't I, is this what it feels like to be Sasha when it comes to food?" On your way to the cafeteria to get your lunch. But instead of food, it was Levi.

Half scarfing down your lunch, you stood up and said " Sorry guys, I have to go or I might not see you tomorrow, or the day after..and after", you trailed off having gloomy thoughts of the consequences to come if you don't.

You place your uneaten piece of bread onto Sasha's plate. Her eyes glistened with a big smile plastered on her face.

As you dash out of the cafeteria, you could hear Sasha's loud commotion.

Without a doubt Mikasa just ate Sasha's given bread.

You went through the heavy wooden door of the library, and was instantly hit by the musty smell in the air.

Covering your nose and mouth with the sleeve of your uniform, you coughed a few times before you proceed.

Piles of books starts surrounding you, as you keep walking something "squeaked" underneath your feet. You looked down immediately. There was an arm sticking out of the pile of books.

You half inhaled and choked, as you feel shivers crawl up your spine.

" D.D.Dead p.person?", you yelped in surprise as you shoved the books away.

Indeed there was a person underneath the books, but not dead as you checked his pulse. He's close though..

"Where the hell am I, this is not a library.. it's a death trap", you let the person lay there, as you ran to the window and quickly pushed it open.

The whiff of fresh air that came into your lungs, was heavenly as you were trying to hold your breath in this pile of.. You have no words to describe it.

You half hang yourself out the window, and soon spotted someone from the Survey Corps. You shouted, " Pere-san I need your help! there's a man half dead laying on the Library floor!"

Pere came right away and dragged the man out. You never knew what become of him..

The only clearly organize spot was a few piles of paper and diagram lay out on a large rectangular table located near the center.

You were looking over the diagrams, as you hear the creaking sound of the library door opening then closing. Soon after, you see Commander Hange talking, with a few boxes held by Moblit following after her.

Hange sees you and waved with a cheery smile, " hey, ____ you're here! wait just a moment." Moblit lay the box down on the table and Commander Hagne began to go through the boxes, pulling out jars with mysterious substances in it.

You narrow your eyes, and stared out of curiosity but not enough for you to pick up the jars and examine them.

Still laying things out, Hange looked over at you and said, " make yourself at home, the team will be here in a min."

You took a seat by the opened window and glanced around. Thinking to yourself, " I hope no one else is dying in here" while looking at the pile of books, something caught your eye.

Leaning over your chair and squinting your eyes, it seems like there are stairs behind a few shelves leading up somewhere in the back. " ... Didn't know there's a second floor here.", you said to yourself.

Soon the research group came storming into the library and took their seats. Commander Hange began her long lectures as you jotted down notes into your notebook.

Dusk came then nightfall. You were beginning to dose off, then snapped out of your sleepiness when you almost fell off your chair. When you realize it was dark out, you stood up abruptly, wiping the drool off the corner of your mouth and said, " thank you commander Hange for the lecture! I have a meeting to attend to!"

You sprinted and almost trips over a fallen book on the way. Out the door you go, and run down the hallway.

" Oh my...He's gonna kill me, he's gonna kill me" you repeated in your head, as you took two steps at a time up the flight of stairs.

Standing in front of Levi's office. You raise your right arm to knock, but stopped in midair.

You were looking down at your notebook and you see a piece of paper sticking out. Peeling it out of a page in your notebook, as it was taped on.

The note says, " be careful what you drink at nightfall..."

You frowned, " what the.." and looked to the left and right down the empty hallway. The hall was lite but the emptiness made you feel just slightly uncomfortable.

"Be careful what you drink at nightfall"

You read the note again, as you held it firmly in your right hand, with your notebook held tightly against your chest.

~* hope you enjoyed reading, I know, you never got a real chance to find out what happened to you last night. But, you will soon. hehe*~Thank you for reading~ *Ch. 3 is out ! :) Author: Eikoko