Chapter Four- Beauty In the Night

2nd Pov

Luciano led you through the long hallways, holding your hand in his so you don't try to run off nor get lost. You didn't really think much about it as the both of you made your ways through the halls, the clicking of your heels echoing a bit. You were looking at the way his hair swayed a bit, and his curl was shaped in a cute little heart. You couldn't help the small smile that spread across your lips at the sight, but did your best to hide the smile. Luciano was a bit confused, you were biting your lower lip and kept glancing at him, it was quite peculiar, but he wasn't going to mention it. Luciano thought it was cute how you had a small blush on your cheeks as you kept glancing at him. He also really enjoyed the feel of your warm hand in his cold one, it lightened his heart a bit. Luciano suddenly stopped walking, causing you to bump into his side a bit. You glanced around you, seeing there was a pair of large double doors, a deep mahogany color in front of you.

"Where are we?" You looked up into his eyes, your eyebrows furrowing a bit when he smirked.

He didn't answer you, instead, he let go of your hand to open the double doors. Your (h/c) hair flicked a bit in the sudden breeze and a shiver tore through your body. You crossed your arms for a bit of heat, glancing up at him in a bit of confusion. Luciano moved behind you, wrapping his slim arms around your waist, walking ahead a bit, forcing you to walk with him or else you'd fall. You were a bit puzzled as you felt yourself warm up from his touch. Luciano stopped walking after a couple of minutes, standing at the top of a cobblestone pathway, looking down at the ground as he set his chin on your shoulder. You followed his gaze and couldn't help the smile that spread onto your lips.

As he promised, he had brought you out into the gardens. You were both standing on a cobblestone pathway, a set of stairs led down to the stone pathway that went through the gardens. The grass was a healthy green and all the flowers were in full bloom. The flowers and few trees were boxed into their own areas with small neatly trimmed, hedges. There was a stone wall though with a few "windows" in that split the garden in two. From your elevated ground, you could see on the other side of the wall a bit. There was a large hedge that was trimmed and grew in a perfect circle, but you couldn't see what was in the circle. The path broke off into several directions and there were sections of the garden that were filled with an arrangement of flowers. There were a few fireflies that were flying through the air, their lights giving everything an enchanted feel.

You smiled wider, you couldn't believe your eyes. Everything was so different and it surpassed the human civilization. The moon was just a sliver in the sky, not a cloud to be seen so you were able to see every star in the night sky. Luciano chuckled softly at your reaction before pulling back a bit, taking your hand in his. You turned your head to look at him, a large smile on your face and your (e/c) eyes were filled with excitement.

"I take it that you like the gardens?" Luciano's voice was soft as well, not wanting to break the peaceful atmosphere.

You nodded your head, "it's wonderful. It's new and I love it. Everything about this place is different than the human civilization."

"Si, it is very different. Would you like to go on a stroll through the gardens?" Luciano laced his fingers with yours as he started walking down the stone steps, you following him like an excited puppy.

As you both walked down the steps, you stumbled a bit on them and almost fell to the ground. Luciano quickly tightened his grip on your hand, using his other hand to wrap around your lower back and pull you against his chest. You yelped in surprise, gripping your free hand on his waistcoat. Luciano picked you up gingerly to finish walking down the last few steps before setting you back on your feet. Your cheeks were bright red and you looked down a bit.