He sat down beside her bed and touched her face with his fingers.

He heard her moan as soon as his fingers touched her. He stroked her hair and caressed her lips with his fingers. She was starting to respond more.... he kept moving his fingers on her face.... her lips trembled as if she was trying to say something.... her eyelids fluttered with every touch of his fingers......she finally opened her eyes and looked at Armaan. She looked lost for a few seconds but then spoke, "Armaan? tum Chicago sey wapas aa gaye?"

Armaan nodded his head, he could not speak; tears flowed non-stop from his eyes, as if someone had just broken a dam. He held her hand and kissed it passionately, his eyes overflowing with tears.

All the nurses and doctors from the maternity floor joined them to see the amazing site. Riddhima looked around and saw many strange faces. She tried to get up but could not. A nurse came and helped her sit up.

"Armaan kya hua.... sab theek hai na? Main kahan hoon? Armaan yeh sab kaun hain?" she bombarded him with questions. He just sat there unable to control his sobs. A nurse gave him a hand; he stood up and went outside. He was overwhelmed with emotion.... was it a dream? He saw Padma with the baby, "Mausi.... Riddhima aap ko...." He could barely speak

"Beta sab theek hai na?" Padma was worried.

He nodded his head and took the baby from her. Padma went inside and saw Riddhima sitting up looking around for someone, "Mausi aap? Armaan kahan hai? Mujhey koi bataye kya ho raha hai?"

Armaan walked in with the baby in his arms, "Riddhima.... main bata tha hoon"

He carried Arima to her bedside and placed her on Riddhima's lap.

"Riddhima.... this is our daughter, Arima...."

Riddhima was stunned, "yeh kaisa mazaak hai.... what are you talking about?"

Dr Brown came forward, "Riddhima, you have been at the hospital for the last 8-9 months; you had a bad accident which put you in deep coma; you are just recovering from that. Your daughter saved your life, she was just born"

Riddhima could not believe her ears, she touched her tummy and then realized the pain from the stitches she had received after childbirth. She felt dizzy; the nurse helped her lay down again.

Armaan sat down beside her and looked at the staff, "Can we be left alone for a little while?"

After they left, Padma stroked Riddhima's hair and said, "beti, yeh samajh Armaan, tujhey aur Arima ko bhagwan sey wapas maang karr laya hai.... hum ney tho socha tha humney tujhey kho Arima tha..."

"Parr, mera accident kaise huya tha?" Riddhima asked

"Riddhima.... yeh lo...ab Arima ko sambhalo.... main thak gaya hoon double duty dete dete..." Armaan changed the subject as he did not want to talk about the "accident"

Riddhima smiled and held Arima in her arms.

"Mausi, main doctor sey milkar aata hoon.... aap Riddhima aur Arima ka dhyan rakhiye" Armaan left the two women, so they could work on feeding and taking care of Arima.

"Mausi.... Armaan ney aapko mausi kaha?" Riddhima was surprised

"Haan beti...." Padma told her how Armaan had performed the "shaadi ki puja" while she was in coma and had accepted Riddhima as his wife during this period. Riddhima felt the mangalsutra in her neck and wiped her tears and smiled, "Armaan...."

Padma added, "Riddhima, tumhare iss accident ke baad hi humein pata chala ki Armaan tumhein kitna pyaar karta hai.... poore 8 mahiney tumhari itni seva ki hai, shayad hi koyi aur karr paaye.... aaj tum theek ho tho sirf usskey pyar aur usski seva sey...."

Riddhima's tears started flowing from her eyes, "mausi...mera Armaan hai hi aisa...."

NURSES CENTER:

"Dr Brown...." Armaan approached the doctor

"Ah...Armaan.... congratulations...I was just telling everyone your story.... you are an amazing man, I wish there were more of you in this world..."

"Thanks Dr Brown but we could not have done this without your support. You have the best team.... I have a question, Riddhima does not seem to recall anything from her accident.... what should we tell her?"

"Well, Armaan... most people do not remember incidents and events preceding a horrible accident like Riddhima's...... this is nature's way of blocking out traumatic memories.... I think at this point don't say anything to her.... she has a lot of things to take care of, after all she became a wife and a mother both, while in coma...." Dr Brown shook Armaan's hand and wished him luck.

Armaan thanked him again and went back to Riddhima

Padma left the couple with their baby for some time, "Main abhi aati hoon..."

Armaan sat on Riddhima's bed and moved Arima to the nearby bassinet. He stared at her moist eyes and caressed her face, "Riddhima maine tumhey kaha tha na ki zaroorat padhi tho bhagwan sey bhi tumhey wapas ley aaoonga"

Riddhima touched his hand which was resting on her face, "Armaan.... tumney apni baat manway hi lee..."

"Kaun si baat?"

"Tum kehtey the na ki pehli beti hi hogi...."

Armaan brought his face close to hers, "Jab mein bhagwan ke paas gaya tha tumhey wapas laaney, wahin ek beti bhi dikhi thi.... ussey bhi ley aaya apney saath...." they both started laughing and crying simultaneously with their faces touching each other. Armaan then kissed her lips, "ab phir aisa kiya naa.... tho ho sakta hai kisi aur ko wapas ley aaun..."

"Armaan.... main uski aankhein noch loongi" she kidded

"Wow...coma mein rahkar bahut himmat waali ho gayi ho.... pehley tho aisi nahin thi." Armaan smiled and moved her hair from her face and kissed her cheeks.

They were interrupted by Arima's wails. Armaan turned around, "lagta hai Arima ko bhi apni maa chahiye.... yeh lo" he got up and handed her to Riddhima.