Part 16

Armaan and Riddhima arrived at the Ritz Carlton hotel in downtown New York. Armaan picked his keys from the reception and they both took the elevator to the 25th floor. He unlocked his room, still holding on to Riddhima with one arm. He switched on the lights to the beautiful suite.

"Riddhima yahan baitho .... main abhi aata hoon..." he helped her settle on the couch and then called room service to order some food.

"I am starving...I don't know about you.... tumhare uss restaurant mein ek ghante sey wait karr raha tha.... bahut popular ho gayi ho yahan bhi...."he teased her.

Riddhima's eyes were still moist but she smiled at his comment, "Tabhi toh dhoond liya mujhey...."

"Madam.... bahut papad bailney pade tumhey dhoondney ke liye...." he came and sat at her feet. He looked up into her eyes and squeezed her hands in his, "tum duniya ki kisi kauney mein bhi hoti.... tumhey dhoond leta.... zaroorat padhi toh bhagwan sey bhi maang karr wapas ley aata...." he kissed her hands softly as he said that.

Riddhima slid down and sat beside him, resting her head on his chest, "Armaan....... main kitni pagal thi tumhare pyar ko chhod karr itni door aa gayi...."

"That is true! pagal toh tum shuru se hi ho...." Armaan grinned and pinched her nose. They both laughed and hugged each other.

Armaan answered the knock on the door. They received the room service and sat down to eat. Armaan pulled Riddhima into his lap and insisted on feeding her himself, "dekho kitni patli ho gayi ho New York mein.... khana nahin khaati ho lagta hai.... chalo aaj mere haath sey khaao...."

Riddhima laughed, "Armaan...main bacha nahin hoon.... aur kya kaha tumney? patli ho gayi hoon? pehley moti thi kya?" she pretended to be annoyed.

"Nahin moti nahin...parr perfect thi.... ab toh tum American barbie doll lagney lagi ho...." Armaan kidded again

"Acha.... iss saree mein kaise pata chal sakta hai?" She asked

" you are right, saree utaarney ke baad hi asli baat pata chalegi" Riddhima blushed as she saw the naughty expression on his face. Armaan moved all the dishes away from them and brought his face close to hers.

Riddhima's face turned red as she tried to look away, "Armaan....kya karr rahey ho?"

He held her chin and tilted her face towards his face.

"Tumhare lips parr ek chawal ka daana laga hua hai

"Tumhare lips parr ek chawal ka daana laga hua hai.... wo hata raha hoon...." He licked the grain of rice stuck to her lips.....they both felt the heat rising from each other.....their lips met just as they had years ago in high school, except this time, they were in no hurry to end the kiss anytime soon....they tasted each other, their tongues playing havoc with each other......Riddhima soon realized where she was. She moved away from him and gradually stood up. She was sweating profusely as her heart raced rapidly in her chest. She walked towards the window and tried to distract herself with the gorgeous New York skyline.