Chapter I - Lost From Home

The story takes place in the year 1937, on a dark, cloudy day. The weather was brewing up a storm for later as were the winds. Inside a nice big house, I lived with my mother and father. For the most part, we were a big happy family. Life was great being in a distant household away from civilization. But as a teenager, that may not be the best thing.

Anyway, today I'd been in an intense fight with my parents. I can't exactly remember how it started, but things got heated really quickly, and it's awful when you know you're the cause of it. This time, it pushed me over my boundaries. I couldn't take this pressure anymore... so I ran out of my house, faster than my parents could catch me, and into the forest behind our backyard.

'I just need to cool off' I thought to myself, sprinting as fast as I could into the dark forest. I often resorted to this forest as a place to ease my mind, but this time I just ran and ran and ran. I was too caught up in my thought's that I didn't even realise how late it got and how far away my legs took me.

I stopped for a second, catching my breath and looking up at the sky. But there was no sky, just dark clouds ad trees circling above me that stretched on for miles. Judging from the sky and the stars, it looked to be around 10 pm. Just before I looked back down, I felt a drop of water hit my face, then another, and another. Uh oh, the storm, the one that the newspaper informed us about. Now was the time to be rational and head home. I turned back... but nothing was there. I looked to my left, then right, and all around me. There was nothing but trees surrounding me accompanied by the light sound of rain beginning to pour.

Oh gosh, I'm lost.

Despite the pouring rain, I tried to head back in the direction I came from, but I couldn't find home. I looked to another area, but there was nothing. This went on all night unfortunately. I was freezing, hungry, wet and had scratches from the trees as well as mud on my clothes. I don't know how, but I managed to make it through the night, being frightened beyond belief for what seemed like days. Eventually, the rain stopped and about ten minutes later I could see sunlight shining through the sun. Wait; was I really up all night? It looks to be somewhere around 9 in the morning

As I continue wandering through the forest, the light of the sun helps guide me through thick and thin openings as I weave my way through. And at last, in the distance I make out a small little cottage. My heart beats faster as I get the strength I need to walk my way out of this forest and over to the house. As I finally escape, my knees collapse and I land on the floor sitting upright, taking in just how exhausted I am and how filthy I look. I look back up at the cottage and force myself to stand up and walk over to it. I know it's not a good idea to walk up to some stranger's house and talk to him, but I was desperate. All I wanted to do was ask for directions back home.

My body moves closer to the wooden door, preparing to knock on it. But I pause, my anxiety bubbles in me like cold fizzy spider. I don't know who this is. I don't even know if someone is home. I don't know what to say. Regardless, I NEED to get back home, so I build up the confidence to knock on the door. There is a little pause before I hear a lock being used and the door swings open.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Author's note: Henlo my fellow readers! please forgive me for being a little too short and boring in the first chapter. This is so you all get to know who you are and what you act like in this story. If there's anything wrong with it or anything you'd like to say, please let me know.

P.S, I guarantee the next chapters will be more interesting.

P.P.S, (Y/N) is your name. (F/C) will be favourite colour. (E/C) or (H/C) is eye colour or hair colour. etc.

P.P.P.S, HELLO FROM AUSTRALIA!!

Ok that's all folks! :)