79 | ACT V, SCENE VI

Start from the beginning

"Oh, really?" my voice was a challenge and an invitation.

"Ah, yes."

He flung the empty wineglass over his shoulder, and it broke into a thousand pieces as it shattered in the corner. He rolled his sleeves, never taking his eyes off me, silently closing the distance between us. I licked my lips at the sight of those powerful muscles of his forearms, my head already spinning with a lot of not so innocent thoughts.

Tristan slowly brushed aside the hair falling over my face, fingers lightly touching my chin. When he spoke, his voice was dangerously soft with lust, heavy with promise.

"That's exactly what I think I'll do, Edwina Tremayne. I am going to make you shut up," he promised. "And when I'm done with you, let's see if that smart mouth of yours has anything to say, yes?" he teased ominously. His voice made the hair on my skin stand up, and my insides tightened in anticipation.

"Yes," I breathed.

"I'm going to kiss every inch of your skin, right from your sinful red lips, to the tips of your pink toes and everything in between. How does that sound to you?" he asked, tilting my chin up with two slim fingers. I wanted to belong to him, I wanted to be possessed by him.

"That sounds wonderful."

He lightly brushed his fingers over my lip, leaving behind burning trails on my skin. I bit my lip again and saw desire gleam in his dark eyes as he crushed me to his chest. Arousing tingles of electricity travelled up my spine as he backed me to the wall, gently nudging my thighs apart with his knee. I felt his stiffness press against my side, nearly driving me insane, showing me just how badly he needed me.

Tristan gave me a wicked smile as he took my wrists and single handedly pinned them to the wall with a firm grip, making my back arch as I keened with desire. I curled around him as he lowered his head to meet my lips. Adrenaline shot up right into my veins as he touched me, passion thrumming in my blood. Those lips tasted delicious, like smoke issuing from a deadly flame. He pulled me closer and closer as if he had met me after centuries of separation.

"Yes," I moaned urgently, liquid heat coursing through my flesh, lighting every nerve aflame.

"Yes," he growled, sliding his tongue along the bottom of my upper lip, nibbling and sucking it as I nipped his with equal passion.

Tristan kissed me senseless, making me whimper and moan, his hands everywhere, slipping on my body. He kissed me like I was the first and last sip of champagne he'd ever savour. He kissed me till I was panting and gasping for breath. I wrapped my legs around him as he nipped at my lower lip with his teeth, pulling out the stray pins from my hair, then pulled it back, angling my jaw up. I let out a hitched cry as Tristan pressed feather soft kisses across my jaw, fingers tangled in the curls of my hair.

My cheeks bore a warm, red flush as my breasts tightened and ached with heavy desire. His hands began to undress me as his eyes did the same, raking down every inch of my skin with glittering, savage demand. I tangled my arms around his neck, too busy pressing my lips to his - as he busied himself with the strings at the back of my dress.

"Damn those strings," he muttered under his breath, pulling me off the wall swiftly and pushing me down on the satin sheets covering the bed.