◇5◇

"Then?" Steve pressed.

  "He will get to do as he pleased with the world," Herobrine said," and nobody can stop him."

  "We have to stop him first," Zack uncrossed his arms from his chest.

  "Easy for you to say," Steve snorted, then glared at Herobrine," Then what about him? We set him free? What are you, nuts?"

  "You want to let Notch take his power and turn it into his own?"

  "How in the damn Nether can I trust you? Trust him?" Steve pointed to Herobrine.

  "I detest your tone, clone," Herobrine sniffed.

  "Shut up," Steve snapped, and Herobrine shrugged while leaning back into the wall.

  " What is so bad if Notch gets all that power anyways? It's better than if it is kept in Herobrine's hands," Steve said pointedly.

  " Ouch," Herobrine remarked at Steve's comment.

  "You don't know Notch," Zack said darkly.

  "And you do?" Steve rebuked.

  "He does," Zack pointed to Herobrine.

  "How can I believe a word that he says? He could be lying to set us all up. Look, I get it, he's your boss, but what makes you think you can trust him? He's a genocidal maniac for Notch's friggin sakes!"

  "He's not my boss," Zack growled," I owe him a debt. And speaking of a genocidal maniac, how are you sure that Notch wouldn't be one if he gets his hands on all that power?"

  "He won't."

  "You are having faith about a man who killed his students in cold blood, but couldn't have faith in another who you only heard about in warped tales?" Zack raised an eyebrow," Real genius move, Steve. I thought you were better than this."

  "Herobrine also killed a lot of people," Steve said flatly," And given the current circumstances, you must be an idiot to think I would actually trust anyone."

  "You need to trust me," Zack said quietly," If Notch finds out we are here, we're doomed."

  "This is your plan all along, isn't it? To drag me into this crap?" Steve balled his fists, the fires of rage licking at his insides, ready to explode and consume everything in its path.

  "Steve-"

  "Shut up and let me think!"

  Zack seemed shocked by his outburst, and took a step back, giving him the space he needed. As if being able to see, Herobrine yawned, then snorted.

  If he let Herobrine stay, and what he said was actually true, Notch would be impossible to stop. And if he did go ballistic, that could be a problem. If he could figure out how to let Notch not get his hands on Herobrine's powers...

  "There is something missing here," Steve said, taking a step closer towards Herobrine," Tell me. What do those lines in the ground mean?"

  "What lines?" Herobrine asked innocently.

  "Don't play games with me," Steve snarled," The ones you left on the ground of those destroyed villages."

  "Oh, nothing," Herobrine said matter off factly," Can't an immortal being show off his poetry?"

  Steve frowned. Something wasn't right.

  "You are up to something," Steve said flatly.

  Herobrine shrugged," Accuse me for all you want. Besides, how could a few lines hurt? They can't be that bad, can they?"