I feel them all staring at me. I'm just looking at my food but I feel like all their eyes are on me. I hated that feeling. But I continued to speak.

Eddie: She kicked me out (choking up) she said I was an ungrateful fag. I packed up my stuff and left. I remember her screaming at me as I walked out. I don't know what I'm gonna do. But Richie offered to let me live at his place. At least until I figure out what to do. That's why I hate my mom.

Everyone in the group was silent. I build up the courage to look up from plate and at them all. Stan was nearly in tears and Bill was just biting his lips with a single tear running down his face. Richie was staring at his plate.

Ben: why didn't you tell us?

I look at Ben. His face was in shock.

Eddie: because. It's your birthday. It's your day not mine.

Ben gives me a sorry smile.

Eddie: I'm scared guys. I'm really fucking scared. And I don't know what to do. Ive always called myself a loser. But I didn't really realize how much I had to lose. (Crying) I have no home. I have no mom. I have nothing. Besides you guys. And I can't afford to lose you guys too.

Bill is the first one to stand and then Millie and then everyone else starts to get it.
They all start walking over to me. They are all hugging me now. I'm crying my eyes out. Everyone was just hugging me while I was crying. My face was completely covered in tears. I just cried. It seemed like the season finale that everyone talks about and makes edits of but it wasn't, it was real life. I imagine some sad cover of heroes by David Bowie or the night we met by lord Huron to be playing. It was a moment. It IS a moment. That I will always remember.

Stan: we are fucking losers.

We all laugh

Eddie: *sniff* yeah, we really are.

Everyone slowly breaks from the hug. We laugh and smile. And then Beverly runs over to the retro radio and turns it up. Some 50s song was playing. And she just smiles real big even though she was just crying.

Beverly: present time!

Everyone cracks up including Beverly.

Mike: open mine first

Ben starts unwrapping his first gift.

Ben: BEATS!!!!

they were big bright blue beats head phones.

Ben: thank you!!

He puts them on and does a little dance in them.

Beverly: now mine!

Ben starts unwrapping to reveal a huge "New Kids On The Block" poster.

He rolls his eyes.

Ben: thanks

He opens present after present. Each one better than the last. Besides the beats headphones. Those are like 200 dollars but I think mike is friends with someone that works at Best Buy.