Chapter 33

T O O T 😬

It felt as if my soul had been ripped out of my chest.

"No.. That can't be right. Kaycee is your child.", I tell him, shaking my head.

"No she ain't. It says it right here.", he says, handing me the paper.

I read through it quickly, until I got to the most important part.

"Wow..", I mumble, honestly speechless.

"I know right. I really developed a strong ass bond with this kid.", he tells me, rubbing Kaycee's face.

I kept quiet, and thought about how I was gonna explain to Dev that he was actually my child's father.

"I feel so bad right now.", I mumble, shaking my head. "I really had you about to raise a kid that isn't even yours.", I say in complete disbelief.

"Toot, chill. It isn't that deep. Remember, y'all were together first. You could've already been pregnant.", he says, attempting to make me feel better.

"Now I feel like a hoe! Fucking a completely different man while I was pregnant with another man's baby!", I yell, close to throwing a tantrum. "That he didn't even know about!", I add.

"You didn't know, Toot. Stop beating yourself up about it. You not a hoe.", he tells me, pulling me into a hug.

"I may not be one, but I feel like one.", I respond, not bothering to hug him back.

"Kiara, bro. You really making me mad. You ain't no hoe, now stop saying that shit!", he yells at me.

"I ain't gonna say it..but I'ma think it. You ain't say shit about that.", I tell him, shrugging.

"Penelope...", he warns, staring at me like a disappointed father.

"Alright. I'm not a hoe.", I say, looking away.

"Good. As long as you understand. Fuck what others think. You living ya' best life, baby.", he tells me, tucking a curl behind my ear.

"I have a question.", I tell him. He looks at me, signalling me to ask the question.

"You got any Oreos?", I ask, completely ruining the mood. He stale faces me.

"What? I love Oreos. I had some earlier.", I tell him with a smile.

"I really worry about you sometimes.", he says, rubbing my head.

"But, seriously. You still gonna let me be in her life, right?", he asks, rubbing her hair as she stares up at him.

"Of course, dude! It ain't like I'm in a completely different relationship.", I answer, rolling my eyes.

"You better not be.. You still mine even if we ain't together.", he says, gripping my neck.

"Don't get stabbed.", I say, laughing softly to hide the fact that I was about to faint.

Our conversation was interrupted by Kaycee's whining.

"Well, I guess it's time to get her mean ass home.", I say, rocking her.

"Alright, shorty. You gonna call me when you get home?", he asks, walking me to the door.

"Yeah. Oh, umm.. I need some help with something.", I tell him, glancing outside.

"Wassup?"

"There was a car following me earlier, but I had lost it. They were outside of my parents' house first, and they had got behind me, and started following me around.", I explain.

Like Dev, he gets serious.

"What did the car look like? Did anyone get out?", he questions, pushing me out of the way and walking outside.

He looks around for a few seconds before coming back in.

"You not staying by yourself. I'll have somebody bring ya' stuff over here. I got a bad feeling about this.", he tells me, pacing back and forth.

"How did they know where yo' people lived? I think someone is out to get you, shorty.", he tells me, shaking his head.

"Well, that made me feel so much better.", I say with a sarcastic smile.

"Now is not the time to play games, Kiara. Your life could be in danger. Get your phone, and call your grandparents.", he tells me.

"We need all of the help we can get."

O M N I S C I E N T 👀

She really thought she had lost me? I see everything. I'm everywhere..

Every man that I've loved..want her. She killed my sister.

I will make sure she remembers my name..

Chantel.