Chapter 5

Reader's POV

I was being dragged to a tree, away from the battle. The hare faunus still tried to stop the blue blood from flowing out of my socket. As Coco and Fox turn back to me, they see that my LED was aging red.

"You think you'll be fine?" Fox question as he turned back as the rest started to come back.

"My components are severally damaged. I also have lost a lot of thirium." They gave me a questioning look.

"What's 'thirium'?" I turned toward Velvet as she finished bandaging my destroyed limb.

"It's what most of you would call 'Blue Blood'." She hummed in response as she stood and made her way to Ms. Goodwitch.

"Ms. Goodwitch! We need to leave! There is way to much Grimm and I don't we can out run them someone that is injured." I began to rise as I put my sidearm in my armpit and started to reload it.

The noise made them turn to my direction. I equipped the handgun as I moved toward them and analyzed my lifespan.

Components: Damaged
Energy: 26%
Estimate Shutdown Time: 17 minutes...

"Ms. Scarlatina, I can assure you and your team that I was build to be expendable. I don't feel pain." Velvet looked surprised at how I was calm about death. Though I don't understand why.

"He's right Velvet. We need to call for a pick up." Coco pulled out a scroll and started to type in numbers. After a while a voice soon came out.

"This is Headmaster Ozpin from Beacon Academy. How may I help you?"

"Headmaster. This Coco Adel. We need a pick up as fast as possible." I heard a hum from the scroll.

"Consider it done, though I am a bit busy. I'll send a Bullhead as quick as I can. Coco when you do return. I would like you to explain on what happened." Coco agreed then ended the call. Yatsuhashi walked over to Coco and whispered something into her ear. I couldn't quite hear what he said, though I heard "make it."

Coco looked back at me and toward Yatsuhashi and sighed. She nodded and started to make her way toward me. I heard a faint bird in the distance. Shortly after a enormous feather embedded itself in the ground between us. Everyone, including me, looked toward the Nevermore that screeched. Coco was ready to activate her handbag, but I stepped forward and took aim. I fired at least 3-4 shots and the nevermore screeched into the sky as gravity took action. Coco looked in awe as the, now falling, nevermore was quickly dispatched.

"Let's keep moving you need to live." I scanned around noticing more beowolves started to approach our location.

I checked the estimated time of the energy.

Energy: 16%
Estimate Shutdown Time: 10 minutes...

I heard a Bullhead in the distance as I continued to analyze.

"Everyone! Bullhead is approaching and several Grimm is surrounding our location." Everyone nodded as they made a circle. I instinctively side stepped and fired two rounds into a Beowulf. More and more kept approaching as I wisely used my ammunition. Coco and Yatsuhashi remained unfazed by the amounts of Grimm. Goodwitch seemed worried as more creatures seemed to appeared out of nowhere.

~A Very Small Timeskip~

Though I would say it was hard to fend them off, but it was rather easy. Everyone expected to at least be tired or slightly injured, but no one. I looked at the estimate time to see I have a few minutes left. I turned toward the landing Bullhead as everyone seemed to be eager to leave. As I turned toward the Bullhead I felt something rather odd entered my system my body stopped moving and my vision slightly darkened. Fox seemed to notice what happed as he shouted.

"Geist!" I looked down as I saw a white mask on my chest. My body reacted on its own as it used my gun to fire at the one of the pilots. A bullet ended up hitting them in the thigh. They all took cover as the Grimm started to move forward toward them. I needed to act fast.

Choices:

Suicide

Or

Alert Grimm

#Choices Already Made