Chapter 11

"Hey, do you wanna come over maybe?" I smile at Liam as I stand outside of the school waiting for Harry to come out.

"Like- to Harry's?"

"Yeah. I'll ask him if it's okay, I'm sure he won't mind."

"Um-"

"Liam, he's a really good guy once you get past the barrier. You don't need to be scared of him, especially if I'm there."

"Okay. I'll come. But I'm probably going to be scared until we get into your room." He laughs.

"I mean- I sleep in Harry's room so I don't even go in my room- but don't worry, like I said- he's not going to do anything. He's harmless without his friends egging him on."

"So- all three of us will be hanging out together?"

"Yes, and there's no need to worry." I laugh. "I pulled him aside today and talked to him about how much of an effect bullying can have on someone and I think I actually made him cry a little- Anyway, he promised to be nice to you and everyone else from now on."

"Louis, I think you're a wizard." He laughs.

"Nah, Harry's just whipped." I grin then laugh. "Oh, there he is." I notice him exit the school and once he spots me, he heads over to us.

"Hi." He says, and dips down, pecking my lips. I smile when he pulls back and adjust my backpack strap.

"Hi. Do you mind if Liam comes over tonight?"

He looks at Liam and then back to me, and I give him the remember-what-we-talked-about look. "No, I don't mind." He finally says with a smile. "Do you need me to drive you over?"

"Um- yeah." He says, and his eyes flick to me. I smile at him, trying to get rid of the super confused look on his face.

"Okay. Let's go then." Harry flashes a smile at me and offers me his arm. I lace mine through his and we walk to the car, Liam walking beside me. We all get in the car in awkward silence, and start the drive back to Harry's. After a couple of minutes of silence, Harry turns on my The Fray cd, thank god, and lessens the awkwardness slightly. After about 10 more minutes, we finally pull into his driveway and head into the house. Harry throws his keys on the end table and we follow him up the stairs. He goes particularly slow so I can keep up with him, like he always does, which makes me really happy for some reason, and when we get to the top we head into his room. I automatically plop my heavy backpack onto his bed and sit down.

"So. Welcome to my room." Harry says to Liam.

"It's so- clean." replies Liam, looking around.

"Yeah, it's not what I expect either." I laugh.

"Hey." Protests Harry. "I am a very clean person, I always smell great." He says with a grin and I laugh. I look over at Liam standing by the door awkwardly and smile.

"Sit." I say to Liam, and pat the bed next to me. I see Harry eye him as he sits down, but he doesn't say anything. Thankfully. "So." I grin. "What do you guys wanna do? We could watch a movie?"

"Movie sound good." Says Harry. "Okay with you, Liam?" Wow. He's being wonderful.

"Um- sure." Says Liam.

"Okay. I'm going to go make some popcorn, you guys pick the movie." Harry says.

"Okay." I smile and he stands up from his seat, walking over to the door. He gives me a quick kiss on the way out them shuts the door behind him.

"This is weird." Liam says as soon as Harry leaves. "He's actually being nice."

"I told you!"

"And it's weird as hell to see you two kiss. This is just- weird. It's weird."

"Good weird, or bad weird?"

"Good weird I guess? I can't decide." He laughs.

"Well, that's good I guess?" I laugh back. "What movie should we watch? I think the quiet ones came out on DVD today, we can probably stream it from somewhere."

"Ooh, I've been wanting to see that."

"Okay, then the quiet ones it is. Harry hates scary movies, but I can convince him." I grin.

Me and Liam track down the movie on vudu and a couple minutes later Harry comes back up with the popcorn. "What're we watching?" he smiles and sits down next to me on the bed, pulling me into his lap.

"The quiet ones." I say and smile, turning my head to see him.

"What's that?" he smiles back.

"A horror movie." I grin.

"Ugh, Lou." He groans. "I hate those."

"Don't worry big boy, I'll cuddle you." I say, and stick out my bottom lip. Harry pokes it back in and rolls his eyes.

"Oh be quiet." He says, and I laugh, pressing my lips to his quickly. "Well, let's get this over with." He groans as I pull back.

---------

"Is it over?" Harry whispers as the screen goes black, his head laying on my chest and Liam laying on my other side.

"Yes." I laugh, and play with his curls.

"I hate you for making me watch that." He states, pushing himself up. I laugh and stretch my arms over my head.

"You love me." I say and poke his side.

"That was terrifying." Says Liam, stretching as well.

"It was good." I nod.

"Do terrifying and good have the same definition in your head?" Says Harry, laughing.

"Basically." I laugh back.

"I should get going, I'm going to text my mom to pick me up." Says Liam.

"I can drive you home- if you'd like-" says Harry, looking like he's surprised himself with his own politeness.

"No, it's fine. Thanks though." Liam says with a smile. Harry nods and then lays back down next to me, pulling me close to him.

"I love you." He whispers in my ear.

"I love you." I whisper back.

Liam shifts awkwardly next to us, so I sit up and adjust my cannula. We sit and talk for about 10 more minutes before Liam says that his mom's here and refuses to let me walk downstairs with him, so he leaves and Harry and I stay upstairs, sitting in bed.

"Thank you." I say once Liam's out of the room.

"For what?"

"For being so wonderful tonight. You were perfect."

"You shouldn't have to thank me for being a little bit nice. I should have always been. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. It's an improvement." I smile.

"Come here." He smiles, and gestures to his lap. I smile back and move myself over to sit on his lap. "Like this." He helps me up so that I'm straddling his lap and places his hands on my waist. "There, now we're at eye level." I place my hands on his neck and smile shyly at him. "You're so beautiful." He whispers.

"You're so- terrifying. And wonderful. And amazing." I say.

He presses his forehead to mine and looks into my eyes.

"And you have the most beautiful green eyes." I add, and he presses his lips to mine sweetly.

"Never leave me."