Chapter 2

"Hey, Louis, whatsup?" My bestfriend Niall says over the phone. I sit on the bed I'll be sleeping on for a while now and chew on my lip.

"Well, mum died." I say.

"Oh, Lou, I'm so sorry. I wish I could offer to let you stay here but you know I can't-"

"I know, I know. It's okay. I have somewhere to stay." Nialls parents are very strict, and hate me with all of their guts for some thing that they think I did in 6th grade that I didn't do. I cant even remember what it was.

"Really? Are you staying with your aunt?"

"Oh god no." I reply. "I'm staying with um... you're not gonna believe this. Harry's family."

"Harry? As in- the Harry that bullies you? Steals your oxygen tank?"

"Yes, that Harry." I say and sigh, chewing on my nail.

"How cruel has he been so far?" Asks Niall.

"Not too bad. Actually, not bad at all. It's kind of weird. He told me I was magnificent. Like, magnificent. Really? Magnificent? He's really confusing me."

"Who the hell says magnificent?"

"Apparently he does-" a knock on the door cuts me off. "Gotta go, Niall. Call you later." I hang up quickly. "Come in!" I say and the door squeaks open. I see Harry's face peek in and he stares at me for a moment before he speaks.

"Time for dinner."

"Oh. Okay." I say and grab my oxygen tank, placing the cannula in my nose. My eyes dart up and meet Harry's, who's still standing in the doorway staring at me.

"Need help?" He asks after I fiddle with the cannula for a moment, trying to get it adjusted in my nose perfectly.

"I'm fine." I say and touch my head to make sure my beanie is still there before standing up and walking over to the doorway. Harry holds the door open for me and I start my walk down the stairs. They're long stairs, and even with an oxygen tank its difficult sometimes. I take them slowly, step by step just so I'm not totally winded at the bottom. "You could go around me, you know." I turn to Harry, who's been walking behind me.

"I could."

"Yes, you could."

"But I won't." He says, his facial expression blank but his voice soft.

"Why not?" I say as I reach the bottom of the stairs, still looking back at him.

"That would be rude." He replies and steps closer to me as I lean against the banister.

"Oh, because you've never been rude to me. Picture that, Harry Styles being rude? Can't imagine it." I say sarcastically but quietly. He narrows his green eyes at me before he cracks a small grin and walks away. I watch him for a moment before shrugging to myself and following him into the kitchen.

"Hello, Louis!" Smiles Anne, motioning for me to sit in the empty chair next to Harry. I do so (reluctantly) and begin to remove my cannula.

"No, leave it on." Says Harry, grabbing my wrist.

"Why?" I ask, giving him a  confused look.

"I-" he pauses for a second, obviously looking for an answer that he finds acceptable. Who knows what his real one is. "I don't like it when you get short of breath. I get second hand clausterphobia."

"Bull." Says Gemma and rolls her eyes.

"Poor you." I say to Harry, and remove the cannula.

"Plus, I'm sitting down, I'm not gonna run out of breath."