Chapter 3

"Louis, honey, is your friend still coming?" Anne asks. I arranged for Niall to come over today and visit me since I haven't seen him in a while. It's my third day living here and I miss my friends.

"Yeah. He should be here any second. Actually-" I turn around on the sofa and look out the window. "he's here right now." Harry takes his arm from around my shoulder and I stand up, walking over to the door.

"I'm assuming you'll want me to leave you alone?" Asks Harry blandly, looking bored.

"I mean- you don't have to. You can hang out with us, I just- didn't think you'd want to-"

"Well- I don't." Harry says, obviously trying to act like he doesn't. "But- if you- you know- want me to, or something then- I guess I will. I won't like it though." I roll my eyes at him and Niall knocks at the door.

"Niall!" I say as I open it.

"Mate!" He hugs me quickly and then awkwardly stares behind me at Harry. I haven't told him about what happened between me and Harry yesterday. I'm not even sure what it was.

"Do you want to hang out with us?" I turn around and ask Harry, breaking the awkward silence. Niall slaps my arm and gives me a death glare.

"Fine." Says Harry, and winks at me. I raise my eyebrows and start the walk up the stairs, dragging my oxygen tank awkardly behind me as the two follow me on my slow trip up. Once we get to the top and I take a breather, I start to head to my room.

"Let's go in my room." Says Harry, in his usual unamused monotone voice.

"Ok?" I say and Harry leads us both into his room. My eyes widen as I enter the room. I had expected posters of women in bikinis, motorcycles, some metal bands, and a huge mess, but it's like, pristine in here. "wow." I say and sit down on his bed. He eyes me and I stand up immediatly. "Sorry, I didn't-"

"You can sit on my bed, Lou, it's okay." He laughs and I nod quickly, sitting back down. He still scares me a little.

"Lou? Really?" says Niall, looking at Harry.

"What?" Says Harry, towering over Niall.

"Since when do you call him Lou?"

"Since I let him live in my house which means I can call him whatever I want." He steps closer to Niall and the shorter boy takes a step back, looking intimidating. I jump off the bed and walk over quickly, pushing myself inbetween them.

"Hey now-" I say and fake a small laugh, trying to lighten the mood.

"Only I call him Lou." Says Niall through gritted teeth, balling his hands into fists. They stare at eachother, ignoring me standing inbetween them.

"Guys stop." I say, and pull Niall away and shove him down on Harry's bed. "Calm down."

"Did I say you could sit on my bed?" says Harry, grimacing at Niall.

"Okay, everyone shut up!" I say loudly. "Niall, Harry can call me Lou if he wants. And Harry, don't invite Niall into my room if you're not going to let him sit down."

"Sorry." Harry says softly, and Niall stays silent.

"Okay." I say and sit down next to Niall, and Harry sits down on the leather recliner in the corner. (Again, not the type of thing I pictured him having in his room.)

"Come sit with me, Lou." He says and locks eyes with me. I nod and stand up, taking my cannula off.

"But it's a one person chair-" Says Niall.

"So?" Snaps Harry. I shuffle over to him and he pulls me onto his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist. He gives Niall a smug grin and Niall's face twists into a scowl.

"Louis, what is going on here?" Asks Niall, pushing himself off the bed roughly.

"Um-" I swivel on Harry's lap slightly so I can see him. "I'm going to talk to Niall in the hall for a moment." Harry nods and kisses my nose softly. I stand up and pull Niall out into the hallway. He raises his eyebrows at me as I shut the door behind us.

"What the hell?" He asks. "What is this?!"

"I don't even know, honestly." I say, adjusting the beanie on my head. "Hes been really sweet to me. Well, in relation to his regular personality. So, kind of sweet. A little. But he kissed me last night, and he's all that's on my mind and- I don't know what's happening."

"So- he's like your-" Niall fake gags. "Boyfriend?"

"No..? I don't know? I don't think so? I don't have much experience, but I've never felt like this before. I know I've only been here for 3 days, but I really like him Niall."

"But he's a total jerk, you saw what he was doing in there!"

"You provoked him, Niall."

He sighs and rubs his forehead. "Okay. I'm sorry. I'll be nice."

"Thank you." I say. After staring at eachother for a moment, we head back into Harry's room to see him sitting on his bed. He stands up when he sees us.

"Sorry, Harry." Says Niall, clenching his jaw.

"Me too." Says Harry. I smile at him from behind Niall and he smiles back. I can't think of one time I've seen him smile a genuine smile at someone. He's, like, famous for not smiling. That's his thing. It makes me happy that I can make him smile.

"So, let's do something." I say breaking the akward silence. "What time is it, Harry?" He pulls out his phone and clicks the on button.

"almost 9." He says. I peer out the window and see that it's starting to get dark. Perfect.

"Scary movie night?" I grin and look from Niall to Harry.

"Sure." Says Niall, smiling.

"Harry?" I ask.

"No way. I hate scary movies."

I pout my bottom lip and walk over to him, grabbing his hands. "Pwease?" I say batting my eyelashes at him.

"mm, nope, that doesn't work on me." He says.

"Fine, then I'll try a different approach." I say and smirk at him.

"What do you-"

I cut him off by pushing him against the wall he's standing right next to. I stand on my tip toes and press my lips to his jaw line, moving down to his collar bone. "Please, baby?" I say, pressing my body to his.

"Okay, fine!" He says, and pushes me off of him.

"yay!" I say and laugh.