○ TWENTY- TWO ○

Start from the beginning

I climbed in. "How was it?" She asked as she blasted the heater.

"Its was good, they're trending on youtube" I said smiling.

"Oh that's great! Next thing you know, they'll be famous" she said as I sat and stared out the foggy window.

My phone dinged, lighting up the car. I looked down, quickly dimming the brightness so mum wasn't distracted.

Matt:
I'm sorry about everything that just happened. My friends are dicks and I am a dick.

I smiled at my phone before typing back.

Shelby:
Your friends aren't dicks, they are great people. They just don't know how to read the room. Nothing is wrong. I'm just tired. And you are not a dick. A little crazy but not a dick.

Matt replied almost instantly.

Matt:
That must make you insane for hanging out with me. About the whole girlfriend thing.. I overstepped. I'm sorry.

I bit my lip as mum pulled into our driveway.

Shelby:
If you plan on attacking your friends by using me.. give me a heads up. We could've role played to really surprised them. :)

I climbed out of the car and we were through the front door when my phone dinged again.

Matt:
You, my friend, are the devil in disguise.

I walked up to my room, smiling as my fingers typed back.

Shelby:
And you don't dance with the devil, because you'll only get burned.

I flicked on my bedroom light and crashed onto my bed, holding my phone up.

Matt:
Good thing I'm a horrible dancer. Oh shit sorry.. now you won't go with me to the winter formal. My life is ruined.

I chuckled.

Shelby:
I wasn't aware you were going to ask me. Or is this your way of asking me?
So romantic.. :')

He replied instantly.

Matt:
I mean I could stand outside your window with a boombox. But I think your mother might have a problem with that...
So what do you say?

I bit my lip again, grinning. I turned over in my bed. Yes or no.

Matt:
You are taking an awfully long time to answer. I knew it. I'll move to Mexico and change my identity.

I laughed and shook my head.

Shelby:
Don't be silly. If you move to Mexico, who will I go to the dance with? Harry? Wes? Please don't make me do that.

Matt:
So that's a yes to the dance?

I rolled my eyes.

Shelby:
Yes. Yes it's a yes to the dance.

I waited as the typing buttons kept coming up.

Matt:
Now I just need to watch dance movies..
Footloose, Flashdance or Dirty Dancing? Which is more appropriate?

I snorted with laughter.

Shelby:
Neither. More like Harry Potter at the Yule Ball.

I grinned.

Matt:
You are a cruel cruel vixen. Goodnight x

Shelby:
Goodnight x

I put my phone on charge and closed my eyes, a smile on my face.

A/N

Gah! I can't stand it. That was so cute to write. Was it cute to read?
Aww my heart is swooning.

Be still my beating heart.

❤❤
Lots of love, Tavana xoxoxo

Psst: dont forget to vote and comment.