𝟺 ► ᴄʜɪʟᴅʜᴏᴏᴅ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

ᴘʀᴇss ► sᴛᴀʀᴛ

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

it was awkward between renjun and the green-haired boy next to him.

this green-haired boy went by the name chenle but is often called lele by his friends. as it may seem, chenle is very loud and cheerful with people close to him but is very shy around strangers, especially renjun.

why especially, you ask? that is because renjun was no stranger to him. he's known him for as long as he can remember.

as everyone knows, renjun recently just moved to korea from china whereas chenle has been living in korea for almost 3 years now.

chenle has had... quite the childhood. being a celebrity at such a young age was indeed tough for him. but what was tougher than being a child prodigy was not being able to see his best friend.

you guessed right, his best friend was renjun. they had been friends since birth until renjun moved to jilin when he was 7. their parents lost contact meaning they did too.

now, 11 years may not be enough to forget your best friend and chenle surely didn't but renjun did. renjun got into a car accident and forgot some of his memories. sadly, chenle was one of them.

chenle was surprised to see the older in the back of the classroom on the second day of their final year. but what surprised him more was that they're going to be sitting next to each other for the whole year.

chenle's heart was beating like crazy at the sight of the dark brown-haired male, let alone sitting next to him. he noticed that renjun didn't have a single reaction at the sight of him.

'does he remember me?' he asked himself. 'should i ask him?' he hesitated. he sighed before turning back to the board filled with chinese characters. it would be too weird for him to ask that quickly.

chenle got back to work and tried his best to concentrate on the words on his notebook even though it was a language that he spoke fluently. he hissed and renjun seemed to notice that.

he turned to the younger and saw him pulling his hair in frustration. he placed a hand on his arm to gain his attention. "are you ok?" he asked once the younger had turned to him. chenle only nodded with a small smile and renjun smiled back, turning to the board shortly after.

"h-hey..." he called the older who was writing something on his notebook. renjun turned to look at him with curious eyes and waited for the younger to speak. 'it's now or never, chenle...'

"d-do you perhaps k-know me... by any chance?" he asked with a shaky and nervous voice. renjun only stared at him in confusion with furrowed eyebrows.