Chapter 19

Maddie's POV

Things have been escalating quite quickly, and now this is going to court. They can't do anything until they have proof that he did this to me, but that won't be hard, since the judge is making Jake take the paternity test.

Ashley hasn't said a word to me, and she might not even know what's going on. But she doesn't need to, because it's not any of her business. Her and Jake won't last anyways, because Jake will probably be with another girl by next week. However, she does give me a confused look, especially when I rush out of English class every morning. But if she questions me, I won't be afraid to tell her the truth.

People are speculating at school that something is going on with me, considering I have to leave English class everyday because of the sickness. Caleb is sweet enough to always wait for me outside of the bathroom to make sure I'm okay. Every time I'm in class or pass Jake, he always glares at me, but I really don't care.

Today I had to give blood for the paternity test, so that the results for the test will be ready before court next week. Jake had to go as well. He would not stop giving me the most awful glare, like he hates me. I sigh, thinking of everything going on.

I am still thinking of whether or not I will keep the baby, but I am honestly leaning more towards keeping him or her. The love that I already feel for he or she is unreal, and I can't imagine how it will be by the time I see the baby. I know it's early, but I can't help how I feel. Next week, I will be 12 weeks on the first day of November, and maybe I'm a little ahead of myself, but I already have a few names that I like.

I also already have a job at a movie theatre in Cedar Falls, thinking that if I get a job early, I will have plenty of money in case I do decide to keep the baby. I start that in a couple of weeks.

And of course, Caleb has been extremely supportive, and his parents as well. I finally met Caleb's dad, and he is just as sweet as Piper. Them, my parents, Catie, Gabby, and some other family members... the support really means a lot. But I'm not excited for this to get around school. A knock on the door interrupts my thoughts.

I go downstairs and open the door, to see a smiling Caleb. I smile at him, "Hi."

"Hey," he says, "I just came over to check on you."

"You're sweet," I tell him, "come in."

He walks in and goes over to the couch before I close the door and join him.

"Missed you at school today," he says.

"Ah," I breathe out, "I had to go give blood for the paternity test. Jake was there, too. I thought it might've been weird if we showed up at school together."

"Yeah. But he didn't come back to school, either. Ashley was so confused. She was asking everyone where he was. I wonder what he'll tell her?"

"I don't really care," I sigh.

"Sorry," he apologizes.

"You're fine," I smile at him, "Ugh, I thought I was only supposed to get sick in the morning."

"It's not?"

"It was at first. Now I feel sick right now," I close my eyes, "and I was sick when I came home. I don't know what I'm gonna do at school."

"Hold on, if you don't mind I'll go in the kitchen at get you some crackers?"

He is too cute. I giggle, "That's very nice of you. Top cabinet on the far right."

"Okay," he smiles. A moment later, he comes back with a plate of saltines, and a glass of ginger ale, "here."

"Thank you," I take the plate from him, and then set the ginger ale on the table in front of me.

"How's the baby?" He asks, after I have a few crackers ate.

I smile, "Good," I set the plate on the table and lift my shirt a little, and he sees where I'm showing a little.

"Aww," he says and I laugh.

"Yeah," I put my hand on it.

"If you keep her, I think I'll be a pretty cool uncle."

I let out a small laugh, "You really think it's a girl, huh?"

"Yeah, I'm almost positive."

I put my shirt back down, "Me too."

"Oh, really?"

"Mhm," I smile at the thought of having a daughter, "I'm not for sure, but I really think I want to keep him or her. I know it's early, but I already love this baby. So much."

"Whatever you decide to do, you know you will always have my support."

"I know, Caleb. And you will never understand how much that means to me."