Chapter 12

(A/N: Kinda just a filler!)

Maddie's POV

"Oh! Well, of course," Caleb's mom gives me a warm smile, "what's going on?"

"Long story short," I start, "this boy at school came over to my house, and he... forced himself on me." Caleb must have seen my eyes watering, because he reaches over and takes my hand. I wipe her eyes quickly, and then look back up at Caleb's mom, "and now... I-I'm having a baby."

"Oh my goodness," Piper comes over, sitting beside of me, and I feel her rubbing my back.

"I don't know what to do," I cry.

"Do you know for sure?" She asks.

"I mean," I sniff, "I haven't been to a doctor or anything. I just took a couple home tests, and they were both positive. No one knows except for you and Caleb."

"Well, you'll need to make an appointment first, to confirm it. And then you'll have regular visits. I am happy to go with you anytime you need someone," she tells me.

"Thanks," I give her a soft smile, "I really appreciate it."

"You'll also have to decide whether or not you want to keep the baby," she then says, "have you thought about it?"

"No, I only found out today," I tell her.

"Oh, I didn't know," she says, "if you keep the baby, you'll have to get a job, of course."

"Yeah," I nod.

"It's a lot, but I am here for you."

"And I am, too," Caleb says.

I smile, looking at the floor, "thanks."

I talk to Piper for a while longer, and eventually start to go home. Caleb offers to walk me home, like he usually does. And Piper tells me to be sure to schedule an appointment in the morning.

"I love your mom," I tell Caleb, as we're walking down the sidewalk.

"Me too," he laughs, "and, she loves you as well."

"I'm really grateful for you both. I think maybe my parents might be home, now. Should I go ahead and tell them? And get it over with?"

"Up to you," he says.

I sigh, "I guess I'll wait until I know for sure."

"Okay. If you want, I can be with you when you tell them."

"Would you? I'm scared as hell," I let out giggle.

"Of course," I can tell he is smiling at me.

I still can't believe that there is a little human inside of me. I definitely wasn't expecting this to happen. I am most definitely not ready for this. And to make things worse, it's Jake's. Am I supposed to tell him? He wouldn't help me, anyways. But he will find out sooner or later.

"Caleb?"

"Yeah?"

"Would you come with me to the doctor's whenever I go? Which will probably be this week."

"Of course I will," he says, and I feel a little less nervous. I am sure it will help my nerves if he goes with me. I only smile at him in return.

But as I lay in bed that night, my nerves return and I am unable to sleep. All I can think about is this baby. How would Jake react? Ashley? How will I be treated at school? How are Catie and Gabby going to react? My parents? Should I keep the baby? A million questions running through my mind.

What am I going to do?