Sugar Crash

Everything had been nothing short of amazing for a few months. There were days when Peter had to make sure he wasnt dreaming. Of course Tony and Peter spend every bit of free time they had together, and the brunette found himself sleeping over at Tony's tower more often than in his own apartment. Of course there were some difficult times, especially with the help from the people who once adored Tony, but now cursed his name and spat on it. But all in all, Peter and Tony both had been floating on cloud nine. That is, until Peter ended up in the hospital and their entire world changed.

    Peter was walking to class, excited for the science major field trip. They were going to Oscorp Genetics Lab, a lab that was known for rare and genetically engineered species. He was so excited he could barely sit still. When they finally got on the bus, he found a seat next to his new friend Liz, and an old friend from high school, MJ. "Guys I'm so excited!!!" He beamed, humming with energy.

     Liz laughed at his childlike enthusiasm "Someone likes to get out of the classroom." She joked, but she was just as excited. "So what species are you most excited about?"

      "Okay okay so I know I always talk about how freaked out I am by spiders, but it's got to be this new radioactive spider. It's so new they haven't even named it yet. And it's one of a kind. They created it accidentally, so they have no clue how to do it again yet." Peter's honey eyes lit up as he spoke about the spider.

MJ rolled her eyes "Knowing you you'll end up knocking over the case and get bit." She jeered, laughing a bit.

Peter pouted a little "Hey! I'm not that clumsy" he protested, but laughed along with her, knowing all to well that we was that clumsy.

---

As they entered the lab Peter's eyes went wide and his mouth hung open. His eyes twinkled as he looked up to the tall ceiling, in complete and utter awe. When he looked back down he practically squealed with excitement. The spider was right there in the center of the room in a glass aquarium.

     "Here we have all the latest species, these are the ones we are still deeply studying. You may look, and feel free to flip through the observations listed in the binders by each animal, but please, for the safety of you and others, do not touch the animals or their enclosures." A tall man in a white lab coat spoke. His voice was welcoming, but stern near the end. He moved to the side to allow the students a closer look.

   Of course Peter made his way to the spider first. The sight of it made his skin crawl but it was just so damn fascinating. He a stared at it a while before he flipped through the binder beside of it. 'red and blue in color, seems ordinary at first glance.' he continued to flip 'created by unknown substance spill in lab 234' he tilted his head. Was that it? He flipped more. Holy crap, they really didn't know anything about it. Peter was sure they would've known something. He sighed, setting the book back down, a bit disappointed. He didn't bother looking at it again, but if he had, he wouldve noticed that it was no longer in his habitat.

---

For the rest of the trip, Peter felt a little bummed, but it didn't stop him from getting excited about all the other exciting animals and labs and such. When they finally exited, Peter was ecstatic to see Tony waiting for him.

Something about seeing Tony in a suit, leaning against a sleek black  Tesla made Peter want to take him right then and there. Of course Tony was attractive without the suit and Tesla as well. The younger male beamed with joy as he ran over to his boyfriend, jumping into his arms and kissing him lovingly. "I missed you!" He smiled

Tony laughed and kissed him back. "I missed you too. How was the trip?"

Peter shrugged "It was cool, but they didn't know as much about ol' Tom as I thought."