⇁ 15 ↽

"Breathe, breathe, it's gonna be alright," I trace circles on his back, letting him sob into my chest, "I'm here for you."

After some time he managed to calm down a bit it seems. He pulls away from me. "I'm sorry" He smiles a bit, though his eyes portray the opposite of a smile. "No it's fine, really" I understandingly smile at him in return.

I look at Hyunjin sitting not quite a meter away from me. His eyes are glued to the ground. I can tell he's trying to hold in his tears.

"Do you wanna hug again?" I carefully speak out. He looks up at me and slowly crawls into my embrace again. I, again hug him tight back and rub his back. His head is in the crook of my neck. I can feel his slightly unsteady breaths and tears rolling down my shirt. I don't mind the wet shirt, right now I just want him to feel better.

He whispered "dad, dad" in his sleep. Did he dream something bad about his dad? Should I ask? I don't want to upset him, but maybe it'll be nice for him to talk about it?

"Uh Hyunjin?" I call out softly, stroking his hair a bit. He quietly hums in response. "Was it a bad dream? Would you like to talk about it?"

He pauses for a little. I could feel him tens up a little.
I quickly add, "You don't have to tell if you don't want to, of course."

"No, no it's okay," he muffles half into my neck, half into my shirt. Hyunjin turns his head a bit so he talks out into the air and takes a deep breath. "I saw my dad."

A few seconds of silence glide by before he continues. "He", his voice cracks "he".

"Take your time, it's okay" I hold him tighter and rub his back softly in an attempt of comforting him. I take one of his big hands into mine and stroke it in circular motions with my thumb.

He sniffs before choking out "My dad left us when I was 2." His tears continue to roll from his
glassy eyes. Seeing him in pain breaks my heart. It must've been hard for him growing up without a dad.

My eyes start to get a bit teary too. I have a strong bond with my dad. He honestly helped me so much and not being able to have that is unthinkable for me.

"It felt so real," a pained squeak left his mouth "I saw him, I saw him. I want to see him so bad. I know I should be over it already. I don't have any memories of him, but I still miss him." He turns his head back into the crook of my neck and mumbles between sniffs, "It felt so real."

_________________________

hi so um i'm sorry for the really
late and very irregular updates
but school's being a wet sock
so yea—
hope you still enjoy tho <3