Chapter 6

John hadn't spoken to me for the whole morning. His brows were knitted tight together and he had a look on his face that told me a very bad idea was growing in his mind. 

I knew what John was thinking. As always, he put me first on his priority list and ever since we had moved in with Sherlock and I had become his second assistant, stuff went wrong a lot. And my safety was no longer a guarantee to John. He would have been thinking about moving away and cutting off all the connections with Sherlock, just for my sake.

But I simply couldn't allow that to happen, for I could see it in John's eyes. He enjoyed the thrill in solving cases with Sherlock. It was time when the two of us could finally put John on top of the priority list.

"Where's Sherlock?" I asked timidly, turning a fork in my hand over and over again as I ignored my plate of breakfast that was going cold.

"He's been out all morning," John answered mindlessly, he had his fingers pinching the space between his brows as he added, "He's probably out because of what happened last night. You know."

I swallowed and shrugged. It was chilly this morning. Glancing up, I could see mist spreading on our window. The warmth in the living room, however, did nothing to comfort my jumping heart.

What happened last night, I repeated in my head while trying so hard to stop the memories from flowing back. It had been frightening, not knowing what was hiding from me, attempting to threaten me. It had almost been surreal. Who is this Jim Moriarty anyway? I bit the inside of my cheeks as the question burnt in my mind like an ablaze flame.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After opting that I would do good with some fresh air, I had been roaming around on the street of London for quite a while. I watched people speezing past each other, heading for their own destination or a day's event. I wondered what it was like to be in one's life again, where there was no life-threatening danger or confusing past.

I sighed, clouds of white mist sneaked out of my mouth and spiraled upwards until they disappeared into nothing. My chucks continued to hit on the pavements, dragging me along aimlessly.

When my phone buzzed in my pocket, I flinched and dug it out hastily, hating the fact that I was so worked up about the whole Jim Moriarty matter that every little thing scared the crap out of me. Peering down at the glowing screen, I read John's message:

I'm out shopping. Wants any snacks or drinks? -JW

Surprisingly, the thought of perhaps having a bag of chips and a can of soft drinks while watching a movie actually cheered me up the slightest bit. Without thinking twice, I hit the reply button and typed in my message:

Please get me some chips and soft drinks and I will love you forever! Can you rent a movie for the night as well? -LW

John's reply was so quick that it merely took him half a minute to send the text across.

Totally. What do you want to watch? -JW

I lifted my eyes up as movies' names popped up in my head. I would love to watch some comedies now, and I especially loved The Heat. Although John had told me off several times for watching a flim with such strongly use of words, I knew he secretly liked the movie as well. 

A second thought surfaced and brought a delinquent smile to my lips. Or maybe I should watch a goddamn cheesy movie with Johna and most importantly, Sherlock. His face would be priceless...

I didn't even hesitate. I punched in the buttons quickly and sent John my reply:

We should probably watch a chick flick. You know, I'd pay to see Sherlock's reaction throughout the whole movie, and you would probably have something new to write about on your blog. Get us the cheesiest movie you can find in the store. x -LW

Sub-consciously or consciously, I knew John would have the funniest reply to my message. I grinned just at the thought of his text, my troubles momentarily washed off my shoulders.

I waited and minutes passed. The screen of my phone had long gone dark, my fingers growing numb around the cold metal material against the chilly air. 

Something isn't right. Those words sank in my stomach as I stared at my phone blankly, waiting for a message that seemingly would never come. Then with a unsetting buzz, the screen to my phone glowed white. It read:

You have a new message from Jumper Brother John.

I gritted my teeth. The hair on my neck stood as I slowly pressed down on the confirm button. A message popped up on my screen.

Come join the party. -JM