Chapter 51 - Influence

Start from the beginning

Okay, but now, I have to get some sleep, tomorrow is my first day of dance lessons and I can't wait! And, I get to tell my professor what my thesis might be... Oh, it's going to be a great day!

"So... This Jennie Kim person... She's a major influence of yours?" The professor asked, oblivious to who Jennie Kim is. "I am truly sorry, but I don't follow a lot of the music scene. I like to read a lot, and I do like some movies... But music is not something I follow. I do apologize for not knowing who she is." The professor added then with a truly apologetic tone.

"It's okay!" Lisa replied with a grin. "And yes, she's a major influence, not just for me, but for a whole generation of people. And I think that she has truly shown it through media - whether social media or general media - TV, live shows and so on. And I think it would be a great topic to explore!" Lisa defended with a smile.

"Oh I agree! It's fresh, it's new, I haven't heard anyone doing anything similar in a long time so... Listen, write a general idea of where you want this piece to go and send it to me via e-mail. But for now, I'm green-lighting this. Good job, Lisa!" The professor smiled and gave a thumbs up.

"Oh, thank you so much! As soon as I write it, I will send it to you!" Lisa smiled back.

"But don't rush it! Take your time, really sink your teeth into it, okay?"

"Yes, I will!"

"Okay, Lisa, have a nice day!"

"You too, professor!" Lisa responded as she cheerfully got out of the room.

Ohhh! I can't wait to tell Chaeyoung! She's so going to be proud that her idea actually evolved into all of this! Lisa internally giggled.

Lisa then rushed to the bus station to catch the bus that would drive her to the dance center where she was going to join a beginner's class.

Welp, here I am, this should be fun! Lisa thought as she entered the building.

Immediately after entering the building, Lisa heard a lot of people shout dance moves:

"Okay, step one, two three, four, now move, move.... now slide. Turn, step, left, right!" were some of the phrases and sentences that she heard. She asked at the reception where the beginner's class was and she was directed to go to the end of the hall and then to the right.

She walked by a lot of rooms in between the featured older groups that were not beginners and she admired them all - Wow, look at those moves. And the motion. And the choreography! Wow, I wanna move just like that! She mused as she admired all of them. Then she saw someone, a familiar face.

Is that? Oh wow! It is! Lisa's smiled appeared as she quietly watched a group of dancers perform in front of her.

"Okay everyone, let's take a break, five minutes!" The instructor said and the group decided to just relax for a bit.

"Hey, BamBam!" Lisa quietly shouted towards the group.

"Heeeey, Lisa! What are you doing here?" Lisa was approached by her childhood friend who had a huge smile on his face when he saw her. He rushed towards her to hug her and she hugged back.

"I haven't seen you in a while!" Lisa spoke after the hug.

"Oh yeah, I've been really busy with... well, a lot of things actually! We should catch up these days!"

"Oh I agree! I just have to adjust it to my schedule, but I definitely want to!"

"Yeah, I saw you, you've been busy!" BamBam smiled at her and she smiled back.