Chapter Seven: Dueling Part Two

Depuis le début

The next morning was a groggy and sore wake up for them. Draco woke up first and, upon seeing his and Harry's position, cuddled further into the raven, sighing in contentment. Draco didn't really understand what was going on. All he knew was that he felt an unnatural pull towards Harry. It made him feel the constant need to be around him, which was easy since they had the same classes. He figured he probably should be a little concerned, but he found that as he learned a little more about Harry, he didn't mind the pull and happily embraced it.

Harry slowly opened his eyes upon waking up and, denying the fact that it was probably time to get up, buried his face into his pillow. The pillow was warm, like really warm. And it was moving, almost like it was breathing. Oh... and the smell! Harry smiled as he inhaled deeply taking in the scent of green apples, peppermint, and dark chocolate. Harry blinked as he recognized the smell. He slowly turned his head up to see molten silver eyes looking right back at him, twinkling with amusement. Harry blushed and realized that his warm moving pillow was Draco.

"Morning Harry."

"Morning Dray," Harry's greeting was cut off by a yawn. He rubbed at his eyes and ran a hand through his birds nest before he sat up,"How long have we been out?"

"No idea but it's probably around breakfast time now. You hungry?" Harry nodded and ran his hand through his hair again messing it up even more if that was possible. Draco sighed in exasperation, "Harry, can I please do something with that hair of yours. I won't slick it back like mine but we can try something else. We have the time." Harry looked skeptical as he considered but nodded his head. Draco grinned and grabbed Harry by his wrist lightly and dragged him into the bathroom.

"Sit." Harry sat in front of the mirror on a small wooden stool while Draco grabbed a hair dryer, a spray bottle, multiple combs and brushes and a bunch of different colored bottles.

"Where did you even get all this?!" Harry was amazed. He'd never seen someone with so much hair stuff, not even Petunia.

"Mother got it for me while we were out one day. But that doesn't matter. What does matter is what we're gonna do with this mop. Now- ow! Ok I'm sorry it's a beautiful tangled nest of luscious raven locks." Harry's cheeks turned an impossible shade of red at Draco's words. "I'm just going to brush it out and go from there."

Draco grabbed a comb and set to work. He brushed and combed Harry's hair until it was free of knots(no detangler at all of course). He gave it a generous amount of water and lathered in a product before grabbing the blow dryer and ruffling Harry's hair as he dried. He turned Harry away from the mirror as he made the final touches. He looked at Harry for a long moment, with an odd look on his face that could be closest described to pride, and he smiled.

"Perfect," he turned Harry around and watched as Harry's eyes widened and his jaw drop.

"How-how did- wh- what?" Harry's hair was still messy but Draco had made it a styled messy, stands fell elegantly in place and had a wispy feathery look to them. His part was subtle but went to the left and the tips ended in small rivulets at the base of his neck and behind his ears.

"Do you like it?" Draco spoke tentatively.

"No" Draco's face fell. Harry turned to Draco,"I love it." Harry and Draco shared a face splitting grin.

" Good." Draco's voice was barely above a whisper. The two shared another small smile before departing the bathroom to get dressed for the day, Harry more slowly so he didn't ruin his hair.

As they walked through the common room a hushed silence fell over them as they saw his new look. All was quiet and then-

"Woooo!! You've finally tamed the untamable nest!! Well done Harry!" Everyone started laughing at a certain Italian boys' exclamation.