Kings and Queens

Two years later...

Aslan roars. All heads turn. We know what it means.

They've come.

The four kings and queens of Narnia have arrived.

Walking over to Aslan, I knelt in front of him.

"Stand child. You have work to do."

I rise as we enter his grand tent.

"I want you to take Fox with you and retrieve more soldiers. Anyone who will help. But when the sun sets you are to part from him and find the kings and queens. This is vital. Do you understand?" he explained.

"Why not just send me before sunset? It wastes more time."

"It also puts your life in danger. You are just as valuable as them. The darkness will give you cover to the Witch's scouts. Now go."

I walked out and took Fox with me as we walked out of camp and into the forest.

•••••••••

"M'lady it is almost sunset." Fox reminded.

"I'm sure I can spare a few minutes more." I dismissed. He sighed and we continued to walk until nightfall.

"Vianna (Vee-Ah-Nah) please just go. I'll be fine."

"Do you hear that?" I asked, stopping in my tracks with a hand on my sword. Fox stopped too and listened. The distant noise sounded like howling and shouting.

"This way." I whispered and started to run toward the sound with Fox trailing behind me.

I came upon a ridge. A ridge uncomfortably close to the Beaver's house.

Just as the thought crossed my mind, the two beavers emerged from a tunnel along with two girls and a boy.

They mourned the stone statues of their friends.

"What happened here?" the boy asked.

"This is what becomes of those who cross the Witch." Fox claims, stepping into their view.

"Take one more step traitor and I'll chew you to splinters." Mr. Beaver threatens.

"Relax. I'm one of the good guys." Fox says, hopping off to stand in front of them. They have yet to see me.

"Yeah? Well you look a lot like one of the bad guys."

"An unfortunate family resemblance."

I hopped off from my place.

"Stand down gentleman. Now is not the time for arguing. We have to move." I state.

"Vianna! You shouldn't be out here too!" Mrs. Beaver chided.

"Aslan told me to protect them. Which means getting away from the wolves."

"What did you have in mind?" the boy asked.

I looked up at them.

"I don't understand. There's supposed to be four of you. Your missing someone...where is your brother?" I questioned urgently.