To See A Sizzling Bat

Arwen sighed as she sat down on the boat ride to the nearest port home. She was already beginning to miss the people back at the hotel most especially her brother and someone else....

No, No, No! You are suppose to forget him!

Arwen slapped herself, receiving a fee worried looks from the people she was sitting beside the railings. Arwen's gaze went to the TV to take her mind off things but it was worse when it was showing a movie about a lead female human and a vampire male.

"Tell me...do you dream of being a vampire...?"

The male character asked and Arwen snorted "That was how they are represented? Unbelievable! The Count could totally make it more dramatic..." Her thoughts halted and she groaned again for even thinking about him...

"Breaking news..."

Arwen tuned out the sounds of the TV and concentrated on the calming waves of the ocean.

"Wow check out that dude wearing a black robe! What is he? Harry Potter"

Arwen blinked and turned her attention to the TV only to the see the point of view from a security camera see a blurry figure of a boy jumping over a 9 foot tall fence and suddenly flying after what appeared to be a burning looking smoke glob.

Thomas...

What the heck is he doing?!

Arwen abruptly stood up and made her way towards a more secluded place of the barge before casting a spell to make her wings sprout out.

"Woah..."

Startled, Arwen turned to see a 5 year old girl looking at her with awe and wonder "Miss...are you my guardian angel?" Arwen had half a mind to tell her that her wings are pure black and those beings rarely come out to show themselves to the world.

"No...I'm a mage"

Arwen said with determinism etched in her tone and the girl giggled with a smile "Are you going after the guy in the news? Is he your boyfriend?" Arwen merely shrugged with a smile before leaping off and flying off towards Transylvania.

"Mommy I met a mage angel!"

***

I should have thought this through!

Thomas screamed internally as he gripped the edges of the plane tight and closed his eyes. He was fond of flying yes but fast flying was a whole different level!

Thomas opened his eyes low to see the smoking Dracula holding on to one of the windows.

If only Arwen could see me now...

"...om!!"

Funny...I can almost hear her voice...

"Tom!!"

I think I am getting airsick delusions...

"Thomas what the hell are you doing holding on to the edge like a flagpole being swung around! Get a grip!"

Thomas gasped and looked back to see Arwen flying above him with an annoyed look on her face "Look who decided to show up!" Arwen rolled her eyes before abandoning her brother to see Dracula struggling to speak to Johnny through the window.

Just when the count felt himself slip, a dark shadow pass over him and he looked up, thinking it was Thomas but found Arwen looking back at him with an unreadable expression.

"Arwen my blood flower I am so sorry!"

Dracula tried to apologize but the sound of the engine propellers made Arwen unable to determine what he was saying.

"Some other time!"

Arwen said before pulling him close to her chest to avoid him getting hit by the sun as she spurred herself to fly faster to the snout of the plane.

Meanwhile back inside the plane, Johnny a few people nearby let out a startled scream when they saw a woman literally fly pass by them carrying a smoking glob with her.

It wasn't long for Arwen to get to the front but since the plane kept on going, Arwen felt herself grunt in pain by the force of the plane smashing on her front and squishing Dracula in the process.

Arwen gasped when she felt herself slip and Dracula let out a scream once he saw her suddenly not behind him "Go Finish It!" Arwen screamed admist the roaring engine of the plane.

Thomas crawled himself on the top of the plane before he saw Arwen struggling not to get hit by the propellers and made a grab for her hand.

"I got you!"

Thomas screamed and Arwen gave him a smile in thanks before he hoisted her up and wrapped an arm around her.

"Am I glad to see you squirt!"

Thomas yelled and Arwen merely curled herself tighter to her brother as the wind whipped fiercely at her face before she felt the plane jerk and made a U turn home.

"Finally..."

She heard Thomas mutter before she saw a trail of black smoke in the side. She quickly rolled her way to the burning Dracula before grabbing him by the wing and pulled him close to her.

"We'll talk later..."

She lightly whispered and Dracula couldn't agree mire with the strain he was feeling...it wasn't long before darkness overtook him.

***

The Drac pack waited in the shadows of the trees with Griffin holding an old scope.

"Do you see them?"

Wayne asked impatiently and Griffin grumbled at him to shut up before he spoke excitedly.

"No wait! I see them!"

The Drac Pack began to quarrel over who gets to use the scope before they saw Thomas holding a very burnt unconscious Dracula in his arms.

"Is he alright?!"

Frank asked worriedly before he was being waved away by Thomas "He's fine, just unconscious from all the travelling and flying. Arwen is helping Johnny get his stuff" He gently laid Dracula on the grass just as soon as he began to wake up.

"Good Morning Black Prince..."

Thomas grinned and Dracula groaned and looked away at Thomas. His body ached everywhere from the sunburn "No need to worry Drac. I carried you like how I carry my future bride" Thomas said smugly.

"And I was hoping you would be so kind as to carry this brother"

Thomas turned only to see Johnny's bag being tossed in his arms and he grunted from the weight. Arwen knelt down in front of Dracula with a frown on her face.

"You stupid monster...why do you always have to make things harder than it is"

Dracula weakly grasped her arm as he felt his strength returning and gave her an apologetic look "I am so sorry for what I said to you back there in the hotel about you being different" Arwen grimaced and waved it away, refusing to look at him.

Thomas took that as a signal for them to have some privacy and immediately escorted the protesting Drac Pack away with Johnny's help.

"You know I was only going away for a few days or maybe weeks. I can't exactly leave Thomas on his own"

Dracula coughed and a puff of smoke appeared "I don't want you to go..." Arwen sighed before looking down at him.

"How about we just forget this whole ordeal and start over again"

Dracula stayed silent for a moment before nodding and smiling down weakly at her which made Arwen smile before grimacing.

"Alright hot shot, we need to get Johnny back in Mavis' life before I forgive you and..."

Arwen sniffed and turned away with a frown.

"You need a bath. You smell like a burning barbeque..."