Chapter 6

*3 Days Later*

"Mike! It's competition day!" John exclaimed excitedly.

"Yeah I know!" I replied. I wonder who is going to be on my team!

"Hopefully you're in my team Mike!" Ginger said.

"Yeah! Me too!"

"Clan meeting!" The King yowled from the giant rock.

When everybody gathered beneath the rock, the King spoke again.

"As you may know, today is the day for the Annual W.I.T Hunting Competition!" He said.

The whole clan cheered.

"There will be four teams, just like last year! Rain, MistWing, LeafSwirl, BarkTail, and Blue, you five are Team 1!"

Five people walked to a spot by the rock and started talking.

"Team 2! BlackBerry, SunFlower, Wolf, River, and FireSong!"

"NightFeather, FireShade, Diamond, Twig, and WindSwirl! Team 3!

I hopes dropped. I wasn't in Ginger's team. I looked her direction, and before she walked away to a spot where her team can talk in private like the rest of the teams, she looked at me, and I could tell she was as disappointed as I was.

"And finally, Team 4!" The King said. I looked forward. "Mountain, SpottedClaw, DarkFur, Shadow, and IceFire!"

I looked around and saw four other people, including Shadow, get up and walk towards a spot away from the other teams. I quickly got up and followed them. When we stopped and faced each other, one of my teammates started talking.

"Pretty good team if I say so myself." He said.

"Yeah!" Another said. "We have Shadow and IceFire! Two of the best hunters in camp!"

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean we don't have a chance to loose." Shadow said.

"I guess your right. We do have the new kid...." the first one said.

"Hey! I've been hunting for the past three days! I'm obviously going to do good!" I protested.

"Kidding! Kidding! We still have a good chance against the others. Also, sorry we haven't introduced ourselves. My name is DarkFur, this is Mountain," He pointed to the girl who was talking about how Shadow and the other person were in our team, "And that's IceFire, she's a really good hunter-" He pointed to a girl standing next to me.

"And he already met me, so he knows who I am." Shadow said.

"Oh cool!" DarkFur said.

"Anyways, what is our team name?" Shadow asked.

"Uh......" he mumbled. He looked at Mountain. "Any ideas?"

She shook her head.

"Oh...uhhhh."

"How about Team Apple?" I suggested. "Or Team Pinecone, Team Birch Tree, Team Blade-Of-Grass." They looked at me.

"You....... are the most amazing person I've ever met." DarkFur said. Then he grinned and gave a high five...er, high paw. I could tell IceFire and Mountain were cringing, and I could tell Shadow was mentally face-palming herself.

"Why would we want any of those  names?" IceFire asked.

"Do you have anything better?" I asked back.

"No......." she mumbled.

"But those are really dumb names." Shadow complained.

"Fine." I snorted. "How 'bout we name our team Team Shadow-Has-No-Sence-Of-Humor?"