Chapter 9

Cassie's POV

I race, sprinting through the maze. I bite my lip, not allowing the tears to fall. I am not going to be weak, I am not going to let my emotions betray me. I can't let myself start crying. Because if I start crying I won't stop for a while. After about twenty minutes of running I slow down and realize my mistake. I wasn't watching where I was going, and now I'm lost. I can't believe that I was so stupid! I turn around, trying to retrace my steps, and I see a few people crowding by the doors. I am not able to stop near them, because of my speed I would of fallen on my butt. The people by the door are, upon further inspection, boys. Boys who already look like they are planning my death. They scared me, and I would much rather be back in the field facing Mali, Minho, and Newt. Minho and Newt! That's it, thats why I'm here. I am them now. which means that Mali and Minho are parallels and so are Newt and I. Which means that, if I'm not mistaken, He will be here. The man that hurt Mali. well, now, I'm going to hurt him.

Wait? If Newt and I are parallels, and Minho and Mali are too, does that mean we will both end up here? I swear if Minho pisses Mali off enough that she goes into the maze, I will personally end him. The only reason Mali would do something like that is when she gets mad, and the only thing that makes her mad, truly mad, is pity.
Behind me I hear someone run by me with shallow breathing. The silence of their steps, and the panting of their breath tells me that it's Mali.