The guards prepared his bonds, readying him for transporting to Askara'velmanti.

'But the question is, do I allow you time to put your running shoes on?'

'You wouldn't.' he gasped.

'I gave you warning Larcon. I told you exactly what would happen if you broke bonds and defied me. What would be thought of me if I allowed you to go back to Loach Issralk even after you disobeyed me?'

'This is not for you to decide Terrance; you are not the grand master anymore.'

'While that may be true, in this particular instance Alina has granted me permission to deliver your punishment, she wants nothing to do with you.'

The door opened and Josie walked in, ready with her new formula, a specially created spell. This was formulated just for Larcon. Josie had been in deep discussion with the maker, Godfrey. The formula would ensure that Larcon could never leave Askara'velmanti, no matter what witch he came across. There would be nothing that could break this bond. The only consolation that could be given to Larcon was that also contained within the spell was an anti-wolf serum. It would keep him safe during full moon.

Josie didn't know what he was worried about, she liked her full moons. For a wolf it was about mating with your love, a night of endless activity. Josie and her husband Ethan always looked forward to the full moons, the heightened lust, it was amazing. And it's not as if Larcon couldn't survive mating with a werewolf. But of course, everyone sees the wolf and instantly fear them. Larcon was bound and the spell had been cast. The kings guard had an hour to get him to Askara'velmanti before the spell would take on its punishment. If Larcon was outside of the wolf realm after an hours' time, he would burn up and be no more. Of course, Terrance wasn't a terrible vampire and allowed Larcon's mother to transfer what money they did have to the new realm and join him. That would be the extent of good will that he would allow.

As the kings guard transported Larcon through the castle to the rock face in the garden four ghostly figures appeared, watching quietly. Larcon recognised them, their sad faces. His grandfather stepped out, Grigore's voice was quiet and reserved.

'Your father has done a grave injustice to this family and has torn a very deep wound into its living members. And us...' He gestured to the three behind him. 'Our haunted souls are doomed to roam this earth, never to find peace again.' Grigore didn't want to tell Larcon that it was their choice to be here, they wanted to be here now that they found their peace. 'If your father had been honest with his thoughts and feelings and spoken to me, I could have made allowances for him. I could have given him so much, if only he had said something. Instead he chose to murder his brother and wife, to kidnap his niece, to trap your grandmother and myself in that tomb. Do you know what it is like to starve to death Larcon?'

He shook his head, he could feel the sadness building fast, he knew what his father did was wrong.

'Do you know what it's like to not know what happened to your family? For nearly seven hundred years we have been haunted, night after night roaming that garden trying to get back to find out.'

Grigore stood taller, more upright.

'Your only consolation grandson, is that I have requested you to be unharmed. I do this out of love, you don't deserve it but nonetheless you are still my grandson. If Lucian had his way you would be burning in a pyre in the middle of the yard. In your future you should become a model citizen of Askara'velmanti. I trust that you will do this Larcon, remember that this family has close ties with the king and you will be watched. Grandson this is good bye forever, you cannot leave Askara'velmanti and we cannot leave this castle.'