Chapter twenty-three-helping erza

The day after Sylvia joined fairy tail.

Lucy tightened her ponytail, as she looked in the mirror. "Thanks cancer." Lucy said with a wink. "Anytime, ebi." Cancer said, snipping his scissors before disappearing into the spirit world. Lucy smiled as she admired herself in the mirror. Lucy was adorned in a white blouse, with a v neck. She bore jeans of dark blue, with black boots. Her hair was in a ponytail to the side, with a yellow ribbon tied to it. Lucy smiled as she remembered the night before.

Lucy, Sylvia, juvia, Wendy and Levi left the guild late together. "Ah man, now I have to find a place to stay." Sylvia said tiredly. "You could always crash at my place." Lucy offered with a smile. She then frowned when remembering her couch was being occupied by Jellal. "Wait, never mind." She said. "My couch is occupied." She said with an apologetic smile. "There's a room at fairy hills." Levi chimed in.  "Of course you'll have to work hard to pay rent." Levi added. Sylvia deadpanned, she could only imagine how much it would cost. She took a deep breath. "Guess I'll just have to give it my all." She said confidently.

Lucy walked out of her bathroom to be greeted by Jellal. "Well, you look beautiful as ever." Jellal said with a slight blush. "Thank you." Lucy said fondly, tilting her head to the side. Jellal held out his hand for her to take. Lucy looked at his hand, then back to his face. "So, what exactly are we?" She asked awkwardly. Jellal was shocked at first, recovering quickly. "Oh, right." He coughed. "Lucy, will you be my girlfriend?" Jellal asked, bowing slightly.

Lucy put her fingers to her lips and her arm over her stomach as she laughed. "Of course I will." Lucy said, when recovering. "I'm the luckiest man alive." Jellal said, as he stood there admiring her. Lucy felt nothing but love when looking into his eyes. He could see her, the real her. She had a darkness inside her, as does everyone. Only, Lucy's darkness is that of a devil; causing her to be evil. She had the choice of what type of devil she would become. She chose that of the kind, however; little did she know that was only the beginning.

"Come on, let's go to the guild." Jellal said, as he took Lucy's hand. Lucy smiled at the thought of seeing Sylvia. Somehow she felt close to her, even though she barely knew her. "Let's go." She said, as she took his hand. They walked to the guild, hand in hand. They talked about silly things, like their favorite colors. Lucy's favorite was blue, while Jellals was scarlet.

Lucy pushed open the guild doors, ducking just in time to avoid a chair. "Watch it natsu!" She said venomously, shaking her fist his direction. Natsu smiles at Lucy, tilting his head to the side. "Sorry luce." He said shrugging. Lucy shook her head at him, smiling as gray took a swing at him. Natsu swiftly dodged the punch returning one of his own.

"Lucy! Hey!" A voice rang out. Lucy looked to find Sylvia sitting with Wendy and Levi. "Hey Sylvia." Lucy said, as she waved. Lucy and jelllal walked hand in hand towards them. "Hey guys." She said, as they drew near the table. Wendy and Levi smiled and waved at Lucy. "Hello." Jellal said, waving slightly with his free hand.

This drew Levi and Wendy's attention to their conjoined hands. Wendy's face turned scarlet. "So, you guys are official?" Levi said with a smirk. Lucy blushed crimson at her words. "Yeah." She said shyly. Wendy, Levi and Sylvia all squealed with delight. Lucy rolled her eyes as she noticed Jellal blushing.

"Lucy, may I speak with you?" Master asked from the top of the stairs. "Jellal may come as well." He said. "Be right there." Lucy said cheerfully, as she waved goodbye to the others. She and jellal walked up the stairs to masters office. They entered closing the door behind them.

"Please take a seat." Master said as they entered. Lucy and jellal sat down in the chairs before his desk. "Have you any new news on Erza?" Lucy asked hopefully. "Yes however, it isn't good news." He said sadly. "They have decided to expand Erzas time to ten years for her crimes." He said. Lucy's eyes widened in shock. "We can't let that happen." She said.

"They are refusing to talk to anyone on the subject. They have made up their mind." He said. Lucy begin to feel angry at the magic council. "What do you suggest we do?" Lucy asked. "My dear, there is nothing that can be done." Master said with finality. Lucy nodded in understanding as she stood to leave. "Very well then." She said aggressively.

"So, what's your plan?" Jellal asked, as they left the office. "I'm not sure yet, but we'll need some help." She said smirking, her eyes being drawn to Sylvia. "Come on." She said, as she took Jellals hand leading him to Sylvia's table. "Sylvia?" She asked politely when close enough. "Yes?" Sylvia said turning around.

"Do you think you could meet me and jellal at my apartment in thirty minutes?" Lucy asked as her eyes scanned the guild. "Sure, everything Okay?" She asked curiously. "Everything's fine." Lucy said. "See you then." Lucy dragged Jellal halfway across the guild before he stopped her. "What are you doing?" He asked exasperatedly. "Building a team." She said simply.

She continued to march to the bar were she had spotted gray. "Hey gray." Lucy said with a smile as she came up behind him. "Oh, hey Lucy. Jellal." Gray said in a bored tone. "What's up?" He asked, seeing the look in Lucy's eyes. "We're about to do something stupid, huh?" He smirked. "You know it. Meet me at my place in thirty." She said smiling.

"We have one more stop." Lucy said to Jellal. "How many people will be in this team?" He asked. "Six so far if everyone agrees." Lucy said leading him onward. She cleared her throat as she neared Natsus table. "Natsu? Happy?" She asked politely. Natsu turned to Lucy with a smile. "Oh, hey luce." He said happily. "Luchy!" Happy cried flying into her chest.

"What's up?" Natsu asked, shaking his head at happy. Lisanna seemed to be slightly jealous of Happys actions towards Lucy. "Can you and happy meet me at my house in thirty?" She asked, as she scratched the top of happys head.  Natsu glanced at lisanna before answering. "Can lisanna come?" He asked. "Sure, if she wants." Lucy said. Natsu and lisanna smiled as they waved Lucy and jellal goodbye.

"Okay, time to go home and prepare." Lucy smirked. She and jellal rushed to her apartment to set up drinks and snacks. Lucy was trying to finalize her plans before everyone showed up. A knock was heard at the door. "I'll get it." Jellal said as he went to answer the door. Gray, natsu, happy, and lisanna all showed up together.

"Hey guys, there's snacks and drinks in the kitchen." Lucy said as she brought out a tray of drinks. "Thanks Lucy." They said, as they took their drinks. Another knock was heard at the door. "I got it." Lucy said beating Jellal who puffed out his cheeks. Lucy giggled as she opened the door. Sylvia was there, and she brought Levi and Wendy with her.

"Hey, Levi and Wendy wanted to come to is that okay?" Sylvia asked hoping Lucy wouldn't be mad. "The more the merrier." Lucy said happily, hugging Wendy and Levi in turn. "What's going on?" Levi asked just as a knock was heard on the door. "Who all did you invite?" Levi Jellal asked. "Everyone's here that I invited." Lucy said, as she went to open the door.

"Yo." Gajeel said when the door was open. Lucy looked at him in surprise before remembering Levi was here. "Did you follow Levi?" She asked smirking. "Well, she left with Wendy and new girl without saying anything." He defended. "So you followed me?" Levi asked, as he nodded. Levi blushed slightly, happy that gajeel cared so much even if he wouldn't admit it. "Ok, well your here so come in." Lucy said, dragging him inside and closing the door.

"Ok, everyone listen up." Lucy said becoming serious. Everyone quieted down to hear her speak. "Master has informed me that the magic council wants to sentence Erza to ten years in jail." Lucy said, reading everyone's expressions. Gray and natsu became angry, while gajeel shook his head. Wendy and Levi's mouth fell open slightly in shock.

Lucy saw the look of confusion on Sylvia's face, so she explained the situation. Sylvia looked from Jellal to Lucy, surprised they both were still alive. "So, are we trying to free the person who attempted to kill you and jellal?" Sylvia asked unsure. "Though she tried to kill us, Erza is a trusted friend and member of my family." Lucy said, holding her hand to her heart. Sylvia stared at Lucy in admiration, she was the kindest person Sylvia had ever met.

"So, what's the plan?" Gray asked, gaining Lucy's attention.

End chapter.
Hey guys sorry for cutting the chapter here. I'm still working out my plans on what is going to happen next. I hope that you can enjoy this chapter non the less. Thank you for you kind words and if you like please vote.