Chapter 10

I can't believe I am actually going to do this... I will stand up to Haku, tell him how I feel... and hear his side of the story. Shouldn't be too hard.. right?

Third Person POV

Chihiro begins to walk through the open field as she nears where the river is at its low. Step by step she is getting that much closer to the guy who stole her heart since the moment she saw him.

I can do this... I can do this....

Chihiro told herself, hoping it would calm her nerves. She walks through the small village that still haunts her nightmares... the faded memory of her parents that were turned to pigs.

Chihiro hurries to find Haku because she knows if she doesn't eat something from this world soon...she will end up disappearing.

Chihiro continues to run so she could get to the bath house before the sun sets. Soon, she eventually finds herself at the familiar clock tower that leads to the bridge where she first met Haku. Although that memory is faint, she can remember most of it.

Chihiro takes a deep breath and sighs.

I got this!

She begins walking towards the bridge to head to the bathhouse. Doubt slowly starts creeping in to her thoughts. She stops halfway on the bridge.

What if the girl pursued Haku while I was away... and won him over..

A saddened look appears on Chihiro's face. A voice then calls out for her.

"Hey! Chihiro! Where have you been?" In the distance, Chihiro sees Lin rushing over to her. "Come on, let's get you some food." Lin grabs her arm and takes her into the bathhouse.

"Sorry, Lin. I didn't mean to worry you. I just needed some time away." Chihiro softly spoke. "What did he do this time? Why that dragon boy, he is going to get a beating!" Lin angrily hissed, gripping Chihiro's arm a bit tighter. They head into to their living space as Lin is seething.

Lin let's go of Chihiro's arm and looks at her. "Alright, you wait here while I go grab some food. Once I get back you will tell me everything that's on your mind. Then I will beat up Haku for whatever he did." Chihiro nods to Lin and she then heads to get food.

Chihiro waits as told, lost in thought.

Lin is still protective as always.... though if this is all just a misunderstanding, I hope she doesn't hurt Haku...

Chihiro sighs as she waits for Lin to come back with food.

Lin soon walks back into the room and sets the food down. "Alright, now tell me everything." She says as she sits down beside Chihiro.

Chihiro POV

"Well..." I take a moment to collect my thoughts. I then begin to tell her everything.

"I confessed to Haku on how I felt about him and it was mutual. The next day when I ran off on you, I saw some girl gawking and all over him. He didn't even seem to try to get her off of him." I pause for a second.

"Then I went to Yubaba about taking a week off to clear my head... that same girl ran to Haku and did the same thing she did earlier. Once again, he didn't seem to do anything about it or mind it for that matter. Though as I ran to the station, Haku did try to stop me but by that point I couldn't bring myself to look or talk to him..."

I let out a sigh. "I don't know if this is all a misunderstanding... but it really hurt to see all of that. I took my time to clear my head... but I dont know how to even talk to him about this." I finish talking about it all and look at Lin...

She looks pissed.....

"That Haku will have his knees broken here soon!!" She yells. "N-no! Not yet anyways... I want to see if this is all a misunderstanding first, Lin" I say trying to calm her down. "Fine, but you have till sunset tomorrow! I will break his knees!" I give a sigh of defeat. "Alright."

"Good. If you need anything, let me know. I'll let Yubaba know that you are back and will return to work tomorrow." Lin let's out a frustrated sigh. "Thank you, Lin." I give a smile. "I've got to get back to work. Eat up and sleep. I have your back no matter what. Just remember that." She says getting up. "I know, thanks again, Lin." She nods and heads out.

I start to eat so I don't end up fading away.

The food here is still so delicious!~

I wipe my hands with a napkin and begin preparing my bed.

I have to talk with Haku tomorrow... this needs to be cleared up.

I finish making the bed and get into my night attire. "I can do this" I say to myself as I get comfy in bed, closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep.

========================

A/N:  Thank you all again for being so patient! I know this chapter has been long awaited! You guys are amazing and I will continue to keep you all posted on progress as I work on it all. I was thinking of creating a book for A/N / IRL updates if you guys who are into this book are interested. I think it would be better that way instead of doing so many A/N chapters in this. I am gunna put that up for discussion here in the comments. Tell me what you all think about that?. Thank you again for the support and sticking with it. Love you all!

Spirited Away - 8 years later ⚠️Slow Updates for now⚠️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें