cнαρтεг 13

The next morning I wake up to arms holding me..it felt nice like a brotherly love unlike Chris. He would hold me as tight as he could to ensure I didn't try to run away.

I turn over to see Shawn snoring into my hair and I slightly smile.

Last night I was crying into my pillow and the door had opened and the hallway light shined into my room and I started to cry more.

❝Shh. It's me Shawn.❞ Shawn says closing the door and I feel my bed dip with his weight.

❝Please don't hurt me.❞ I mumbled and I feel his warm arms around me.

❝Shhh....just get some sleep. No ones going to hurt you..not again. I promise.❞ He said and I fell asleep in his warm embrace.

❝You could stop staring at me now.❞ He says and I realize that hes awake.

❝Sorr-❞ ❝No its okay I shouldn't be here in the first place its just...you were crying in your sleep l-like you were having a nightmare and I couldn't see you like - well hear you like that I-I'm sorry.❞ He says and I give him a small smile.

❝Thanks Shawn. You're the brother that I never had." I say and he smiles.

❝Thats what i'm here for. Anyways Uncle David should have made breakfast by now so I'll meet you downstairs.❞ He says and I nod my head as he leaves the room.

I wanted to take a shower but I didn't have any clothes so I decided to just head down for breakfast.

As I walked downstairs I looked at the pictures on the walls and they were all pictures of wither me and my dad or my dad and Shawn.

My dad had taken in Shawn when he was six when his mom went missing.

Shawn never got over it and to this day he still believes that shes out there.

As I reach the bottom of the stairs I smile as I see my dad hanging a picture of me and him Liam had taken for us.

❝Good morning pumpkin.❞ He says kissing my forehead,I went by your mom this morning and got some of your clothes for you. You could change after we eat." He says smiling and I nod my head as we walk to the kitchen.

❝Hey Shawn❞ I say sitting next to him at the counter.

❝So for breakfast today we have pancakes, bacon and eggs. My specialty.❞ My dad says smiling as he places Shawn and my plates in front of us.

Shawn immediately digs in while I admire his work.

❝Dad...aren't you going to eat.❞ I ask him him and he shakes his head no.

❝I'm not hungry sweetie plus I need to go to the grocery cause your'e going to be here for awhile and there isn't enough food. Oh and Shawn will take you to the mall to get some clothes..and you could invite Liam and Linzy if you want.❞ He says in a rush and he leaves.

❝He didn't tell you...I thought he would.❞Shawn says after swallowing whats in his mouth.

❝Tell me what?❞ I say taking a bite of my bacon.

❝That he has anorexia. He got it when your mom won the court battle. He didn't think that he had a reason to live so he would starve himself. I eventually got him to start back eating by telling him that when you got older you would come back to him and thats when he started building this place.❞ He says while he steals a bacon off my plate.

❝Then why isn't he eating now since i'm back?❞

❝Because he feels guilty for whatever Chris did to you.❞ He answers and I gulp.

I don't want him to feel guilty for it.Its not his fault.

❝Anyways I'm gonna take a shower and get ready so hurry up and do the same, and call youre friends if they're coming.❞ He says as he puts his dish in the sink.

❝Wait but I don't have any money.❞ I say worriedly.

I never have money. Whenever I do Chris takes I from me to buy whatever he buys.

❝Your dad gave me money for you duh.Now hurry up.❞

тнє lιgнт ιη мy ∂αякηєss