Chapter 2

Cassie Ventura:

"Bitch shut up!" He yelled at me, I sighed rolling my eyes as I continued applying make up to my face. I shook my head staring at my swollen lip.

 "I'm just saying I don't know how you expect me to hid a swollen lip puffy." I say in a low tone, I was in so much pain I didn't even have the energy to fight back. 

"Figure that shit out and hurry up and get to work I gotta slide thru there after I handle some business to pick up that shirt you got blood on." He said slamming the bedroom door as he stormed out, I scoffed chuckling. I'm the bitch tho. I applied some lipstick to my lip, it worked a little but you could still tell. I grabbed my purse and car keys, walking out the room and downstairs. I looked at all his homeboys chilling on my couch playing the game I bought. I need to hurry up and get to work? I pay all the bills, I buy all his shit. He think he a drug dealer but that nigga don't make as much money he always losing a fucking worker, or gettting robbed or blowing his money on shit for him. What about the fucking bills? 

I walked out to my 05 chevy cruze hopping in and pulling off as soon as I started the car. I occasionally checked my lip in the mirror, it was 12:34 I was definitely late. Once I got there, I grabbed the large uniform shirt from my backseat, this was my parents business. Once they died they left me a lot of money and a business then I got with puffy, let him talk that sweet shit in my ear and now I'm barely making it by. 

I seen the two tattooed brothers one sitting on top of a 2019 all white Dodge charger, and the other leaning up against a 2019 doorless Jeep Wrangler I would kill to be in one of those. I was mentally drooling over them and their cars. I'm such an idiot for fucking with puffy, I wish I could leave him, I wish I didn't need him. I got out locking the doors behind me as I crossed the street the 17 year old licked his lips as I approached him. "Wassup mama, this my brother chris you remember him don't you?" He asked, I nodded giving his brother a smile. 

"Damn ma what happened to yo lip?" His brother asked getting off the hood of his car. 

"Nothing, here's your uniform shirt." and both of them started laughing, I squinted my eyes confused. "I'm confused

"I told you he told you." Chros said as he walked over to the driver's side opening the door. "Aye you keep that gun on you man Puffy stay over here I'd hate to kill that nigga for fucking with you baby bro." He said before getting in the car driving off. 

"How does he know p-"

"Don't worry I'm no street nigga, he is tho. A crazy one at that, come here ma can I get a hug or something?" He asked as he pressed the button on his remote key to his nice ass car. I was staring at it again. He caught me staring and he tossed me the keys. "Get in." He said walking around to the passenger side.

"We gotta open the store I gotta train you add you to payroll a-"

"Girl get in the car." He said, I sighed looking around before climbing into the doorless jeep tossing my purse in the backseat. "Be careful now." 

"Boy I'm grown i can handle a wrangler." I replied with a smile

"You gotta show me." He said with this smirk, god he was sexy if he wasn't 17 and I wasn't with Puffy he could have my panties right now. "Stop staring mama." He said using his finger to pick my chin up and close my mouth. 

I blushed turning to look at the road before starting the car, I scooted the seat up. "This your car?" I asked

"One of many." He replied, "I don't drive a lot because my brother is over protective he think somebody gonna try and kill me because of who he is." He replied, I put the car in drive pulling up fast and I couldn't help but to smile because I felt alive with the wind blowing through my hair as I sped down River street. He chuckled at how I was giggling, he turned the radio on and an unknown voice blared through the speakers.