Chapter 9: Sweet Apple Acres

Start from the beginning

"but for every life snuffed out in this world a new life is born." Flam replies. "we may appear as flim and flam but here we are just as spirits. we take new forms as the opportunity presents itself."

"in reality." Zenara replies. "the spirits themselves have been around for thousands of years."

"oh thats how you all know about light ponies and shadow walkers." twilight realizes. "well i suppose it makes sense now that you have explained it."

Zenara nods and turns to the brothers. "all of that aside flim and flam, i would like to get back to the task we came here to accomplish." she glances at applejack and sighs. "we still don't know anyone honest enough to represent the spirit of honesty to help us defeat caco."

flim turns to flam and then looks at the ground.

flam sighs and then shrugs. "well i know not one pony more honest then my brother flim." he lifts his hove to flim and then shrugs again. "not even myself."

"really?" Twilight questions curiously. 'could it be? was the answer really to trust flim and flam?'

"it sounds awfully dangerous." Flim mumbles.

flam ssures his brother and smiles lightly. "so what if it's dangerous. trying and failing would mean more then not trying in the first place. would it not? you were the one who taught me that."

something sparks behind Flims eyes and Twilight realizes her gut feeling had been right. he does seem to represent something much stronger then just what he appeared to be.

"your right." Flim nods. "in that case i will do whatever i can to help." he nods and then faces zenara with a quick bow. "tell me what you want me to do princess."

Zenara steps back. "hu? what me?"

"don't forget Zenara. your a shadow walker. you were meant to lead them." Twilight replies. "and you are the princess of this realm as appointed by Luna and Celestia."

"speaking of them." Flim replies. "as ponies of light they should have doubles here in this world correct?"

"i've never seen them here?" Zenara says thinking. "they should exists though. i hadn't even thought about it."

Discord leaps onto twilight's back and draws their attention. "well if my brother was sent here many years before luna was trapped in the moon then it is possible he was here long before they were born. if that's the case he may have stopped them from being born here."

"he shouldn't be able to just stop ponies from being born though." twilight mumbles. "it has to be something else."

Discord becomes restless and leaps down. "who cares the most important thing is to get me back in my right body."

"that's minor on the scale of things." Flim replies with a shrug.

"Flim is right. more importantly we need to figure out who else represents the other elements. laughter, kindness, generosity, and loyalty."

"well i don't know about those other three but i do know a good person to talk to about laughter." Flim replies. "she heads a comedy club in ponyville. we sometimes go there when we are feeling blue."

"it's worth a shot." twilight nods. "what's her name?"

"derpy hooves, but her stage name is derpy diddle do." Flim replies. "this time of day she'll be getting ready for her show tonight. i was planning to go as the popular and gifted talent dj pon3 is said to be performing a theatrical accompaniment with her equipment."

"then let's get there quickly before Caco has a chance to catch onto us." twilight nods. 

-meanwhile-

Caco is sitting in his throne room filled with bones. with and knock on the door resounds. "enter." he replies.

a pony shrouded in darkness enters the room. "Caco sir. it is as you predicted. Zenara failed to take the world of light as she was swan to the side of good by twilight sparkle. they are back in this realm seeking a means to defeat you my king."

"what a pleasant surprise." Caco chuckles darkly. "and let me guess they have discord with them?"

"i am unsure but most likely." the pony replies.

"very good." Caco chuckles. "he will unknowingly lead them right into my trap."

"i worry sir." the pony replies. "why let them travel why not let us destroy them now? what if they should find a way to defeat you?"

"magic doesn't exist her silly filly." Caco chuckles. "i've had a long time to plan out this tasty revenge i want to enjoy it. they won't be able to find a way to defeat me in this world it just isn't possible."

the pony nods and turns to leave revealing a wing in the dark. "if you insist master."

"go now and tell the others not to interfere. i want this to be a complete surprise." Caco chuckles. "after all rainbow you are the fastest messenger in my private army."

the shadow smirks and opens her wings completely. "on it." then she leaves quickly and takes off into the sky.