Chapter 5: Opposites Don't Make Sense

In the Shadow realm Twilight has just entered ponyville. She looks around careful to not draw any extra attention to herself. She passes by the opposite mr. and mrs. Cake who are busy with sugar cube corner. Mrs. cake is cleaning and Mr. cake is inside working the counter. Twilight finds this odd as it's usually the other way around. "Everything here is so backwards. Fluttershy isn't nice, Applejack is lazy, I haven't even heard about the others which is odd." She passes by the Carousel Boutique. "I wonder if Rarity is here." She knocks on the door. "rarity?" she calls.

"hm? What do you want?" Rarity's shadow realm self opens the door with an intense frown. "I'm a little busy."

"I'm sorry to bother you Rarity it's just fluttershy and applejack don't seem quite right. I really could use your help to get back to my home."

Rarity smirks a tiny bit. "your lost?" then she cracks up and begins laughing so hard she falls over. "haha! You got lost! Oh that really is quite funny." After she calms herself down she turns back to Twilight. "sorry but I have no time for lost ponies. I'm very busy. Go bother somebody else." She slams the door shut.

"rude..." Twilight frowns. "why are all my friends so rude in this world." She walks away from the door and looks around some more. "no sign of rainbow or pinkie." As she walks past an apple cart she sees pinkiepie darting behind carts. "well at least pinkie seems to be normal here." She sighs and trots over to the cart. Before she gets there she sees pinkiepie steal and apple and then run away. "what?! Stealing? Why would she do that?" Twilight decides to chase her down and ask her.

Twilight follows pinkie down the street and through an ally. "hey wait hold up!"

"hu?" Pinkie skids to a halt and spins around. "what?"

"why did you do that?" Twilight frowns. "stealing is wrong."

Pinkie laughs at this and turns around fully to face twilight. "maybe where you're from light pony but here we do whatever we want when we want. There aren't any rules."

"how did you know i..." twilight begins.

"eeasy." Pinkie chuckles. "Your colorful. That scares a lot of folks around here. Because normally light ponies can't get into our realm." She takes a bite of the apple and then throws it down on the ground and trots over to twilight. "when they do come here it means they've been banished from the light world. So we tend to ignore them. Me though I like danger. So whatchu in for?"

"oh I'm not banished." Twilight frowns. "Just trapped."

"trapped?" Pinky smirks. "sounds like you pissed off a shadow walker then." She glances away narrowing her eyes while she thinks. "course the only shadow walker around these days would be Zenara." Pinky points to the left. "she lives in that trashed castle in the middle of the Everfree forest. She comes to town once a week I guess to shop or something but mostly just hangs out in the forest with the weird striped pony." Pinky looks around quickly. "um I think her names was zecora? I don't know. I need to go bye!" pinky then leaves in a flash.

"oh... okay bye?" Twilight frowns. "ponies in this place are insane." When she turns around she bumps into an officer pony. "oh pardon me."