Chapter 9: Sweet Apple Acres

shadowjack, zenara and twilight head to the apple farm. when they arrive the first thing twilight does is search for a way to contact big mac and ask him to come back to the farm. before she can lift a hove though the flim and flam brothers appear from inside the barn looking very worried until they see applejack standing with the two other ponies.

"there she is." flam says relieved. "applejack we were so worried about you. where did you disappear off too?"

"the walkers called me to fight in the light world." applejack replies stepping forward. "so i went off ta war and such."

"that might be a little bit of an exaggeration." twilight mumbles but none the less she trots up to the flim flam brothers and pouts. "your both impossible and stubborn but i know you have a heart somewhere deep inside you. if i can't convince you to give the farm back without a fight then i am prepared to to make you leave it by force."

"that won't be necessary." flim replies producing a document. "the full rights to this land seen here is stamped and sighed by granny smith. you see we rightfully own this property."

twilight frowns. "because you lied and tricked her into signing it."

'no. actually its because she was trying to get rid of it for a long time." flam replies. "we happened past just at the right time when she saw us she gave over the title."

"yes that is so." flim says smiling. 'she was all too happy to give us the farm. besides if she every told us she had a change of heart we would gladly return it to her."

'weird... they are just as charming in this world as they are in the other but i'm certain they have to be telling me the truth. the other brothers make me sick just to hear them talk but these two... feel like i did when i first met applejack.' twilight thinks.

right then zenara was having the same thought. "but if your telling the truth then..." she turns to applejack confused. "why would you say they took it?"

"i never said that." applejack mumbles. "yall just assumed it so i went along with it. i actually said they took over i never said they stole it."

"oh my goodness she's right." twilight replies. she then turns to flim and flam and bows. "i'm so sorry for assuming you were up to no good."

"your from the light world." flam replies with a smile. "i imagine it is difficult for you to see the two of us and not see the pair you know in your world. they must be terrible if they get you that worked up just from seeing us."

"they scam people in my world." twilight admits. "they lie and cheat and steal things. i shouldn't have assumed that you were the same just because your their copies."

"it's aright princess." flim replies bowing slightly.

twilight looks at him questioningly. "how..."

"how we knew you were a princess?" flim chuckles. "well we might live here in the shadows but we do know what an alicorn is." he glances around and lowers his voice. "we aren't supposed to talk about it though."

flam nods in agreement and looks around warily. "if he should find out we'd both be in trouble."

"if whom should find out?" twilight questions.

zenara steps forward and looks at twilight. "who do you think? it can only be caco."

"there is no power in existence that can stop the ruler of our realm." flim replies grimly. "luckily his mood has been relatively calm these last few years." he glances at his brother and sighs. "i miss the olden days."

"olden days? you two couldn't have been around longer then 20 years." twilight questions.

"a shadow pony is born the same time as the ponies in the light world of which we are copied from." Flim nods. "we are only as old as our light copy, however in our world we are neither living nor dead and we disappear when the pony of lights life has ended."