Chapter 2: We Need a Plan

Twilight's five friends are spending the day at sweet apple acres helping make the world famous apple cider of the apple family. Applejack is working with Fluttershy picking apples, her big brother Macintosh is powering a press alongside Rainbowdash, the two alternate between running and moving barrels. Rarity is helping granny smith sort apples, while pinkiepie and applebloom carry the apples from the applejack's team to the granny smith's team.

"the great part of working together this season is we'll have plenty of cider for everyone." Applejack smiles looking at the barrels next to Rainbowdash. "how's it look over there Rainbow?"

"looks great!" Rainbowdash replies. "you have more this year then you did last year." She turns to look at Applejack. "I'm pretty sure we have plenty, buuuuut if you want to keep going I don't object to that."

Everyone else seems to agree since sharing the work makes it easier for all the teams. Because of the sharing of the work no pony was really tired and therefore they felt they could keep going.

"well long as ya'll wanna keep going then I ain't got no objections." Applejack replies looking around. "shame twilight couldn't come today though."

"yeah but you know how she is." Rainbowdash rolls her eyes. "once she gets something in her head she has to do it."

"well... not to be rude or anything..." Fluttershy says landing on the ground next to Applejack. "but I think the old books from the old castle will be very helpful for future generations."

"I'm excited!" Pinky says bouncing over to the others. "normally I don't read like a lot but if I find something cool I might be like AHHHHHH!!!" she screams really loudly at the end of her sentence.

"gee pinky you don't need to be that excited." Rainbowdash grumbles rubbing her ear. "it's just a book."

"not that! That!" pinkiepie says pointing down the path leading to ponyville from the apple farm.

"Spike!?" Rarity questions running from the basket of apples over to the others. "but I thought he went with twilight to the castle of the two sisters in the Everfree forest?"

"so did i?" Applejack frowns. "this can't be good."

"GUYS!" Spike yells waving his arms. "help you have to help."

"spike what happened darling?" Rarity asks running over to him. the others follow behind her.

"twilight... went to the castle... Zenara..." Spike starts crying and can't speak anymore.

"Zenara?" Rainbowdash questions.

"Spike please try ta calm down." Applejack says concerned. "deep breaths."

Spike takes a deep breath and wipes his eyes.

"ok now tell us what happened." Applejack encourages.

"twilight and I went to the castle to sort the books and bring them back here for the collection of olden pony literature. But there was a pony already there she said her name was zenara. She was talking to twilight about princess Luna and Celestia. Then I don't know what happened but the shadow swallowed twilight and I... I think Zenara meant for that to happen."

There is a gasp from everyone.

"what? What do you mean? Was she a unicorn? Did she use magic?" Applejack questions.

"no that's just it!" Spike whines. "she's an earth pony. She shouldn't have magic." Spike whines. "and now she's got twilight and she wants Luna and Celestia to come to meet with her otherwise she won't let twilight go!"

"then..." Rainbowdash looks at her friends. "we'll just have to go and get her back!"

"hold on rainbow." Applejack frowns. "we need a plan."

"Luna and Celestia are powerful." Fluttershy suggests. "maybe we should tell them to meet this pony... after all there is no way of knowing if she would set twilight free without a fight."

"are you crazy fluttershy!? It's clearly a trap!" Rainbowdash hovers off the ground and looks back down at her friends. "we don't have time to waste twilight is in trouble we need to go."

"but... without the elements we can't..." Fluttershy starts strong but it turns into a whimper.

"oh right..." Rainbowdash frowns and lands on the ground again in a huff. "well what can we do?"

"Discord?" Applejack says looking at fluttershy. "do you think discord could be any help?"

"um probably." Fluttershy nods. "he does have great magic."

"my ears are burning." Discord chimes appearing out of nowhere, his ears a tinted red color because the joke is his ears were literally burning. "is somebody talking about me?"

"discord." Fluttershy hovers up off the ground. "I'm so glad you're here."

"saves us the trouble of looking fer him." Applejack shrugs.

"looking? For me?" Discord raises an eyebrow. "why what's going on?"

"it's just awful." Fluttershy whines. "some pony has appeared in the castle of two sisters in the Everfree forest."

"so..." Discord frowns.

"she's taken Twilight hostage." Applejack interrupts.

"yeah! you have to help get her back." Rainbowdash yells flying behind fluttershy.

"twilight?" Discord pouts. "why should I care?"

"because if... if you don't help then I'll be very sad." Fluttershy frowns and her eyes get really big.

"oh not the face..." Discord covers his eyes. "I can't..." he sighs and pouts. "alright I'll help. Tell me what you know." he looks at Spike waiting for Spike to speak.

"the new ponies name is Zenara." Spike says trying to recall any other details. "her flank was dark blue... like really dark... with dark purple markings. she didn't have a cutie mark or it was too dark to see."

"blue and purple?" Discord scratches his chin. "now I've heard that name somewhere before... but I can't for the life of me recall where? Zenara... oh this is going to drive me absolutely insane."

"discord." Fluttershy prompts.

"now hold on a moment." Discord stops her while he tries to think.

"discord!" Applejack grumbles.

"it's right on the tip of my tongue." Discord assures them.

"DISCORD!" Rainbowdash yells.

"what!?" Discord frowns.

"think about it later." Applejack grumbles.

"we need to go now." Rainbow dash follows up.

"I'm sure you'll think of it soon discord." Fluttershy smiles a tiny bit. "but maybe for now we should go. I'm sure twilight must be very scared and waiting for us."

"right." Discord scratches the top of his head. "ok let's go."