Chapter 6: Confrentation

"Princesses!" Applejack bows. "I'm sorry to call you all the way out here on such short notice."

"it's fine. What happened?" Celestia questions.

"spike." Fluttershy looks over at spike.

"a pony... a mysterious pony named Zenara was here waiting for twilight when we came to collect the old books this morning."

"Zenara?!" Luna looks at her sister. "it can't be her."

"tell us more Spike quickly." Celestia presses.

"well she made a dark hole open up and sucked twilight into the ground." Spike says.

"then when we came to help she took discord." Rainbowdash says over the top of spike who had said pretty much the same thing.

"Discord?" Luna shakes her head. "then it's true?" she looks at Celestia. "The shadow walker has returned for revenge on us sister."

"there can be no doubt." Celestia nods. "we must take immediate action against this threat."

Zenara appears through a hole in the wall and smirks. "finally." The hole disappears and she steps forward. "princess of the moon and sun. I am Zenara the last of a generation of shadow walkers cast into the abyss by your royal blood line." She glares at Celestia. "for thousand years I've wanted nothing more than to ask you why, but today I got the answers I wanted."

"Shadow pony." Celestia steps forward. "what is it you want from us?"

"your family trapped me in the shadow realm and destroyed my family." Zenara growls. "I want retribution!" under Zenara the shadows swirl.

"the forbidden shadow arts." Luna looks at Celestia. "we should be careful."

"if you came here for a fight then you'll get one!" Rainbowdash huffs as she lands placing herself between Celestia and Zenara.

"I don't have any reason to fight you rainbow." Zenara chuckles as her eyes light up. "but if you want to fight then how about we see which Rainbow dash is superior."

"hu?" Rainbowdash raises an eyebrow as her stretches out and then up into the form of a Pegasus pony. The shadow fills out into a copy of Rainbow dash but dark purple with dark colored hair and black stripes. "hey don't copy me!" she grumbles.

"oh I'm not a copy." The shadow smirks. "I'm you from the shadow realm."

"a shadow being?" Luna stares. "where did you learn such a thing?"

"I had a great teacher." Zenara replies. "since your parents killed mine I had to learn magic from Caco."

"Caco..." Celestia frowns. "Discords banished brother."

"that's right." Zenara speaks while the other pony's shadows all become replaced with their shadow realm others. "I found forbidden dark magic in the shadow realm, and now I have the power to defeat you and take this realm for the shadow walkers!"

The five main ponies face off with their shadows, but it seems the shadows have the upper hand when it comes to power.

Celestia and Luna try to team up against Zenara but she's one step ahead of them.

Rarity, Pinkie, Applejack, Rainbow, and fluttershy end up back to back and surrounded.

Celestia is hit by a stray shadow flame and kneels down with an injured leg.

"sister!" Luna rushes to her side.

"I'm ok." Celestia looks at Zenara as she closes the distance between them.