"It's whatever, I just feel like ever since you and Ivan began dating, our friendship has taken a backseat in terms of who you're prioritizing which I don't hate you for cause he's a fine specimen and I'd never be heard from again if I were in your shoes but could we go back to how we were before" she rambled, ending it with a slight smile.

My heart filled with guilt as I took in the truth behind what she had said. Ever since I took this job, my main focus had been Ivan and making sure his needs were meant, even though initially he was a pain. Rushing over to her, I jumped on top of her and enveloped her in a hug, murmuring how sorry I was for the lack of effort on my part.

"If it were any other person I'd totally be offended but I shall let it slide since he is like one of the biggest CEO's in the country" she joked and I laughed with her before getting up.

"Shall we get our karaoke on" I asked

"Let the battle of the worst singing commence" she announced, looping her arm with mine and trudging towards the living room.

As expected, the boys were waiting outside in one car which seemed strange to me considering Connor claimed to not like Ivan. I walked towards the passenger seat and slid in as Sierra sat in the back with Connor.

"I thought you were scared of him" I immediately asked Connor turning my attention to the back seat, a glare already plastered on his face.

"I changed my mind, I like him better than you" he teases, sticking his tongue out. I rolled my eyes at his child-like antics and directed my attention towards Ivan. There was a faint smile on his face from Connor's response but he appeared to be tense which was visible by how tightly he was gripping the steering wheel.

"If you're trying to crush the steering wheel with your hands, it's not working" I joked trying to avert his attention to me. His grip immediately loosened as his tense composure melted and I watched as the smirk grew on his face.

"I really thought I could do it" he played along.

"Maybe if you recite a chant at the same time, you'll have better luck" Connor said, leaning in towards the front of the car, his response causing Ivan to chuckle. I reached my hand back towards his hair and ruffled it, to which he jerked back while attempting to fix the damage.

"Jesus woman, I spent a half hour on this" he exclaimed dramatically.

"That was a waste of your time considering Sierra will ruin it within 10 minutes" I bit back which earned me a slap on the back of the head from Sierra.

"Don't even get me started on you and Ivan here, you guys literally undress each other with your eyes whenever you get the chance. Not to mention you always seem to come out of his office, disheveled. Or so I'm told" she snapped back, Connor roaring with laughter at her response.

"He literally works me to the bone with the amount of work he has me doing, of course I'd be a mess" I justified, my cheeks slowly turning pink.

"Your bones aren't the only part of you he works" Sierra mumbled just loud enough for us to all hear it. Connor took a moment to process what she said before bursting into fits of laughter along with Sierra, both looking like complete idiots. My face heated up at what she said but I couldn't help but laugh along, Ivan joining in shortly after.

Reaching the karaoke bar, we began walking to the entrance, the excitement oozing out of Sierra and I. An employee guided us to an excluded room which no doubt was where we'd find Philip and whoever else he invited. As expected, the room was filled with people dancing, drinking, shouting into the microphones on stage and even making out in the darker parts of the space.