Chapter 32

Amelia pov.

Connor and Sierra were cuddled together on one of the sofas while I was spread out like a sloth on the other. I was currently wallowing in self pity as we waiting for the pizza to arrive. Sierra was currently giving me ideas on how to get back at Ivan, each of her suggestions being dumber than the last.

"Why don't you lock him in his office, break into his house and poke holes into all of his condoms" she suggested while shoving popcorn in her face.

"There are several things wrong with that idea Sierra, the main one being if I poked a hole into ALL of his condoms and we ever got back together, I'll be the one with bread in my oven" I nagged as she huffed in response. This conversation had been going on for ten minutes and Connor looked like a chipmunk on crack because he was laughing so hard.

"I got it, wait on top of the roof of Stone Industries until he leaves work and pelt him with water balloons filled with a mysterious substance, extra points if you managed to hit his car as well" she explained excitedly.

"How old are you" I questioned at her stupid idea of getting revenge on Ivan.

"Currently 24, why do you ask" she responds and I groan into the pillow I was lying on.

"Connor do you have any brilliant ideas that don't involve me getting pregnant, arrested or fired" I ask hopeful that he had a better idea.

"Well, you could always try and make him jealous with someone else" he replies after recovering from his laughing fit.

"Except whoever I flirt with will end up going missing if he finds out" I counter.

"Why don't you pretend to flirt with me, I'm pretty sure Mr. Stone already hates me and he can't do me harm without getting hell from you so it's perfect" he explained and I lifted my head to look at Sierra for approval.

"Mimi, so long as you don't end up dry humping my man at work, I'm cool" she jokes and I giggle in response. Our conversation is cut off by the doorbell signaling the arrival of our several boxes of pizza. After several minutes of arguing in front of the delivery guy for who was paying, Sierra somehow managed to hand him the cash before Connor and I.

We immediately dug into the greasy goodness, having no regrets about eating our weight away in junk food. The rest of the night was spent over food, pointless bickering and watching enough tv to last us a lifetime. For the first time in awhile, my happiness wasn't because of a man and was solely brought out by spending time with my friends whom I considered family.

---
A few days has passed since the fall out between Ivan and I, since then work has been extremely awkward. Ivan has attempted to talk to me several times, but each time I ignored him which led to him walking away frustrated. Connor and Sierra made sure that I never felt alone, whether they took me out for lunch, slept over or even given me a simple hug.

I've had several sleepless nights which was a direct result of overthinking the situation with Ivan and my father's intentions on returning to my life. Seeing Ivan everyday and not interacting with him has taken a great amount of my happiness away but I knew that I needed to distance myself from him. I also noticed the evident bags under his eyes and the fact that he yelled at everyone that wasn't me.

"Amelia" Connor shouted, snapping me out of my thoughts. "I've been saying your name for a few minutes without a response" he exclaimed and I looked at him apologetically.