Chapter 28

*Not Edited*

Amelia's pov.

After my little confession I sat comfortably in his embrace until my gut wrenching sobs were reduced to small whimpers and sniffles. He continuously whispered in my ear and rubbed my back until I felt better. I slowly lift my head up to look at Ivan to see a pained expression across his face. I stared into his eyes and gave him a small smile to show him that I was ok. I leaned up and gave him a small but loving kiss before pulling away.

"Thank you" I tell him and he nods in return. I could tell that my confession left him slightly confused so I decided to fill him in. Leaning back down to lay my head on his chest, I took a deep breath before beginning.

"It started when I got a call a couple of days ago from a person who urgently wanted to see me. I set up lunch with him and went to go meet him today" I feel Ivan stiffen underneath my body but continue anyway "He began to pester me about my relationship with you and seemed very angered that I refused to stop seeing you. I went to get up and he gripped my wrist tightly before pulling me back down to my seat" as I said this Ivan grabbed my wrist gently to examine the faint bruise starting to form.

"I'll kill that bastard" Ivan growls furiously and I leave a sweet kiss on his neck to calm him down. He wraps his arms tighter around me in response and I take that as my que to continue.

"I sat back down and he basically hinted at that the only reason why I was with you was for your money. I continued to refuse his questions still wondering why he cared until he called me a name that made me realize who he was to me. I was so angered at the nerve he had to approach me after what he did that I yelled at him and ran out" I tell him finally taking a deep breath after my rant.

"Baby can you please tell me his name" Ivan asks and I lift my head up to look at him.

"If I do you have to promise not to go after him and go through with your threat" I answer giving him a small smile.

"He deserves everything I plan on doing to his pathetic little life" he growls furiously. I sigh deeply before placing my head back on his chest to calm him down.

"He's closer to you than you think" I hint before snuggling back into him.

We sit comfortably until Ivan's shallow breaths came back to normal. He stands up suddenly causing my arms to shoot up around his neck to prevent myself from embarrassing myself.

"Shh I got you" he assures me and walks us up the stairs and into his bedroom. He seats me on the bed and quickly shuffles to the bathroom. I lay down and calmly wait for Ivan to come out of the bathroom. When he doesn't come out after ten minutes, I slowly sit up.

"Ivan, are you alright in there" I ask while walking to the bathroom door. It suddenly flies open with Ivan standing in the threshold. He steps aside and ushers me into the bathroom. My mouth drops at the sight of the dimly lit room filled with sweet smelling candles and a bath filling up with hot water. I turn to him and walk into his awaiting arms with a huge grin.

"You didn't have to do this you know" I tell him and he pulls away to look at me.

"I wanted to, you seem like you need it so undress your perfect little body and hop in" he answers and I blush at the end.

"Will you be joining me" I ask while unbuttoning my top.

"As tempting as it sounds, I'm afraid I have some business to attend to so if you need me just holler" he informs me before pecking my lips and giving my button a slight tap. I jump in surprise before glaring at his retreating form. He even had the nerve to turn around a give me a wink before shutting the door behind him. Shaking my head with a smile, I continue to undress before easing my body into the bathtub. The hot water immediately soothed my tense muscles and I closed my eyes to relax. I let the sweet scent of the candles ease my senses and allowed myself to feel at peace.