Narnia

"Mother where are you?"

"Mother!"

I spun around in search for the woman in this crowded station. Grown ups were pushing and shoving as they tried to hop on trains.

"Mommy!" I shouted desperately.

The whistle grew louder and didn't stop. The wind picked up and blew my hair into a rats nest. I screamed but no one heard me.

A sudden image of a green valley appeared. Only in a blink, but then again. The image kept reappearing until I wasn't in the station anymore.

"Mom?"

Oddly enough, the trees were covered in snow but the ground I stood on was green. The temperature definitely felt colder.

The startling sound of hooves came into my hearing range and was approaching closer.

A figure emerged from the trees. Half horse and half man. He walked closer along with a few others who had appeared. They all looked...different.

"It's okay little one. You are safe with us." the half horse assured while sticking his hand out.

I eyed his sword and the others weapons too.

"What are you? Where am I? I want my mother back. Take me back to my mother!" I shouted.

"Sshhh! Be quiet child. It isn't safe here. Come with us."

I looked around at the faces of his people. They seemed nervous, as if they were afraid to be attacked.

I grabbed ahold of the man's outstretched hand and he pulled me into his back.

"Move out!"

We swiftly walked through the forest until we reached another valley much farther than the last. Snow covered almost every inch of it except for a small dot in the middle.

The man helped me down and escorted me into a tent where we were in private.

"Sit child. We have much to discuss."

"Where am I?" I asked.

"You have come to a place called Narnia. It's a land far different from your own in many ways." he answered.

"Why is it so cold?" I questioned, wrapping my arms around me to shield my body.

"The White Witch. She has cursed all the lands to be winter forever. She rules Narnia but is not the true leader of our people."

"Then who is?"

"That's harder to explain. I'll tell you at a different time. For now, we must get you nourished and rested."

"But I still have so many questions!"

"And you can ask them at dinner. I'll be outside if you need me." he said and walked out of the tent.

I walked to the small bed and collapsed on top. Only to fall into an alarming dream.

•••••••••••••••••

"Orieus!"

He came storming in and saw my sweat streaked face.

"What happened?"

"My dream. It was unlike anything before."

"What did you dream about?"

"There was a woman. In all white and with ice surrounding her. And a lion. A great mighty lion with a roar so powerful it woke the trees. And...a boy. Raven dark hair. It's a little foggy. But he looked like me. Like a human." I explained.

He nodded his head in thought and clapped my back.

"We can figure that out at another time. Let's get you something to eat."

And he pulled me up and sat me down at a fire with others as we ate our stew dinner. I continued to ask questions and Orieus answered. But after the night ended, I still couldn't get my mind off of my dream.

What kind of place is this?

•••••••••••

Three days later, Orieus insisted on training me. I still didn't get what was going on but I knew enough. Evil was surrounding us and I needed to be ready.

He trained me hard for hours until lunch finally came. I dropped my sword and my arm felt so much lighter. We took about an hour break before he continued to train me in other skills.

The next couple of days were like this, learning more each day. Orieus claimed that we wouldn't stop our training until he thought I was ready.

The days rolled by as I began to understand more. Learn more. Everything was pretty simple once it was explained.

Orieus told me the White Witch was hunting for me and four other children but he never once spoke about that again.

I persuaded one of the fauns to tell me my own prophecy though.

The lady with her swords,
She will be the one to ward,
The Queen will come to her end,
With the help of her friends,
Neither she nor they,
Will understand their way,
But when all is said and done,
Her fight has only just begun.

It didn't exactly bring a smile to my face but at least I got the truth. I never brought it up to anyone in fear they would shut me down and tell me to stop worrying.

Knowing the prophecy actually made me train harder. I wanted to be ready. Ready for the war to come. Ready to fight for the Narnians.

Bring it on, Witch. I won't go down easy.