50 - It's time.. Right?

Start from the beginning

"He is leaving Vegas." I reply making Zak frown.

"Really? Where is he going? Is that a good choice? I mean, whilst he is here, we can help him. Although I guess nowhere in America is too far and he has my number, he knows he can ring me.. For anything. I just thought that he would want to remain close, you know?"

"Apparently not."

"And how do you feel about that?" Zak questions as his hands leave mine to rub my bump. A small token of contact I was seriously going to miss.

"I'm not sure if I am honest." I reply as his hands disappear. He gets off the bed and disappears into the bathroom before returning with my lotion. My bump lotion to be precise.

In his own little world, he pulls up my t-shirt and places some lotion on his hands before rubbing them together and gently applying it. "It's okay to feel a mix of emotions. Whilst Cody was.... Away. We kind of knew he was in safe hands."

"I know, but it is where he is going that is playing a part in this too."

"And where is that?"

"North Dakota. He is staying in some lodges for a while."

"North Dakota is nice. Trees, plenty of peace, and oxygen. Fishing is good." Zak lists.

"But it is also where he proposed to me.." I trail off.

"Ahh.." He answers.

"I just don't want him to be living in the past, if he has gone, truly for himself. Then I will be happy. But it pains me slightly to think that he has gone on some misguided attempt to live in the past."

Zak's hands swirl over my bump making the baby move and push back against my stomach. He laughs "Hey you, I'm helping your mommy out, I've got time to enjoy every second with her, then I have to share and if I'm honest..."

He leans in close to my stomach where a foot or maybe a hand pushes against my skin. "I'm not much of a sharer." He whispers making me giggle.

Most of my belly activity happens when Zak is around, all baby movements are preserved for his entertainment, and I suspect that the baby is well in advanced with his voice and tone. Maybe it's the baby picking up on the heartbeat that skips every time I see Zak. Yes, it still happens. I don't think it will ever, not happen.

"Listen." Zak speaks changing back to me. "Cody is a strong guy, he has been having counselling and help. He knows what he is doing and if going to somewhere like that is going to help him, then you have to believe and trust him."

I nod.

"I can't imagine he would do anything to harm his progress, and he was in a seriously dark place.. I think he is going back to a time where he was happy and is going to build up from that." He continues to glide his hands over my stomach in a theraputic notion until any stress has been soothed out of my body.

I never considered that possibility but I do hope for the best. I hope he finds what he is looking for in life and secures himself another piece of heaven, because if anyone deserves another piece, it is Cody.

"Stop worrying about things you cannot change. I have faith in him." Zak concludes making me smile gently.

"You're right. Plus my concentration should be here."

This time Zak nods "Absolutely. I mean, now you're all pushed out, it's hard to get some me and you time."

I laugh gently "Are you feeling neglected?"

"No.... Maybe a little.."

"You heard the doctor, we are perfectly safe."

He shakes his head, "Nope, it's not happening. I.. I just can't. You know why."