Chapter 2

Charlie Johnson

As I slowly made my way to my home I fell face first onto the couch. Sighing heavily as I thought of getting out of this dress and removing my makeup. Rolling off the couch I went to get a change of clothes and went to the bathroom.

After doing my business and washing my hands, I looked in the mirror seeing a hot mess. Makeup was smeared and my once curly hair is now a bird's nest. Deciding to forget all previous plans, I stripped and hopped in the shower. Afterwords I put my change of clothes on and went to fall asleep on the couch.

The next morning, I was getting ready to begin my morning work routine when my heart dropped. My mind was swarmed with memories from last night.

Noah Mason. He looked beautiful and I couldn't take my eyes off of him. His perfect jawline, sea green eyes and the way he carried himself, the whole was so alluring. Taking the blame for Aaron after finding out that the company he had Mr. Menon sign papers was fake.

Suddenly wishing for me to have drank more than what did so that way I wouldn't have to remember anything. I decided just get writing my resignation done.

    September 20, 2020

    Mr. Menon

    AutoHaven, A used car dealership

Please accept this as formal notice. I am writing to inform you of my resignation from my position in this company. This is effective immediately. I appreciate all opportunities that were given to me working with you. I hope that we can maintain a professional relationship in the future.

Sincerely,
Charlie Johnson

Printing this out I quickly signed the gap at the bottom of the letter. I got dressed in high waisted jeans and a crop top. Grabbing my keys and the letter I made my to the office.

“This goes to Mr. Menon,” I started giving his assistant the envelope. I took a deep breath and went to Starbucks to get a coffee. After receiving my drink I started back to my seat. Instead I crashed into a brick wall and ended up on my ass. Coffee was running down my hair and over my clothes.

“Of course! This just my luck! I wanted to look cute, but noooo. Why would be able to that?” I angirly muttered to myself. “On the day I wore a white shirt too. Yay!”

“Are you okay? I don’t you should be excited about ruining a shirt,” replied a voice that sent shivers down my spine.

“That was dripping in sarcasm.” Ignoring my statement he went on to say:

“As for the looking cute part you already have that covered either way. What is your name?”

“Why do you need to know my name Mr. Mason,” I sneered. I was beyond pissed that my shirt was ruined and that my cheeks become red at being called cute by THE Noah Mason. “Congratulations on taking over your father company last night. You looked hot last night.” I boldly added.

“You were there? AND you think that I’m hot? Wow,” he cockily stated. I had feeling I just made his ego grow.

“Hi, I’m Zachariah Preston. This idiot’s best friend. You need help up?” he jumped in before I could say something offensive to him. I grabbed his extended hand.

“Thanks for the help. I’m gonna go home,” I stated with a hard and impassive voice. I turned on heel my and ignored Zach’s pleas for my number. Just as I was getting in my car, I seen the two exit. I made sure to extra turn and take as many intersections as possible. Especially the ones with timed lights. I did this to make sure they weren’t following.